Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Nov 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

We went last Sunday and after reading this I was interested to see how things would pan out. as soon as we sat down our server gave us the menus and said "I normally take the orders for the main course before you go up for starters but I won't put the order in until you tell me to", I ignored this and we went up and got our starters, as soon as we sat down he asked us what we wanted for our main course we told him, and he then asked us if we wanted him to put the order in ! I said no, we went up for more starters and when we had finished he put the order in anyway without confirming it with us, but as it happens it was ok timing but not what we asked for, we did have to ask him for drinks, but he did bring the desert up on plates not boxed up, although my son was still eating his main course at the time.
Did we feel rushed ? Yes, Did I enjoy it, yes, but I wouldn't go back? No... I can't understand what the rush was as the table next to us was empty soon after we got there and stayed that way (and not cleaned away). We were in and out within an hour and a half and we had to ask for coffee at the end we was not offered it. I got the impression from the table next to us who was served by a different waiter that they were rushed as well.

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I just went for California Grill brunch today (after running the half marathon - I figured I'd earned all the calories!). This was my 4th time there, solo.

I really enjoyed it. When I was seated my server asked if I'd been there before, and told me that the wait for the main would be around 35 minutes at that time of the day so to let her know when I wanted her to put in the order. Went around the appetizer buffet and got a plate, came back and sat down, and put in my order for the main. Finished my first plate, then went back for a second plate of the appetizer buffet. My main came while I was working my way through this second appetizer plate, and I very, very, slowly worked my way through the main course because I was already so full at this point! My server kept my mimosa, water, and diet Coke topped up all the time. Never felt rushed at all. I asked for the dessert to go as I was so full and couldn't have handled having more food at that point!

Overall still a great experience, although I note the price has increased since I first went (it's $95 now, and I remember it being $80 when I first went in I think 2016)...
Old 4 Nov 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

That sounds awful, as others have said this is totally the opposite of our experience the two times we've done the brunch.

Our entrees did come fairly soon after we ordered them but we just didn't order them until we'd been there about an hour.

On the desserts to be honest I think most people probably do get them boxed up to go as they're stuffed by that point - I know we did - but you should have been able to make that decision yourself rather than being pushed in a certain direction.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List