Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Nov 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Millie1980 View Post
Hi

I'm thinking in advance and looking for somewhere to stay for our 2021 trip. The plan is a couple of nights in a universal hotel for the express pass and we are finishing with a few nights at Clearwater Beach so need somewhere in between.

I've seen the homewood suites and convention centre on I drive. My children have coeliac disease so I need to stay somewhere where we can easily access gluten free food whether this be in the hotel, near to restaurants or close to a supermarket where we can get gluten free food. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel or recommend a different one that will meet our needs. I would like a suite style hotel where we have a separate area away from the bedroom and one that has a pool for us to cool off in when we have been to the parks. Thanks in advance
We have looked at home wood suites for 2021 too.
We will be doing a split stay and wanted somewhere close to universal and large enough for our family of 5
It looks really nice so also interested in any recommendations 👍🏻
It has really good reviews
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
You realise Walgreens is Boots? Walgreens Boots Alliance
I never knew that 👍🏻 We always nip in for bite stuff and I never, ever realised lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We have stayed at the Homewood Suites and at both of the Embassy Suites on I Drive. Both come under the Hilton umbrella but Embassy Suites is a far superior product in terms of breakfast offerings and the free bar and snacks in the evenings. Would highly recommend although I would point out that all of these suite type hotels seem to have rubbish pool areas so if that is important its worth looking into.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
We have stayed at the Homewood Suites and at both of the Embassy Suites on I Drive. Both come under the Hilton umbrella but Embassy Suites is a far superior product in terms of breakfast offerings and the free bar and snacks in the evenings. Would highly recommend although I would point out that all of these suite type hotels seem to have rubbish pool areas so if that is important its worth looking into.
Thank you. Out of the 2 Embassy suite hotels, which one would you recommend. The kids do like a good pool so that might be something we need to think carefully about
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Thank you. Out of the 2 Embassy suite hotels, which one would you recommend. The kids do like a good pool so that might be something we need to think carefully about
I prefer the one next door to Olive Garden as it in the middle of both The Icon 360 area and Pointe Orlando so you have a multitude of restaurants to choose from. The pool area at that one is also slightly nicer although it is still just a basic small, oblong pool.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I would also recommend the Embassy Suites as well. Homewood Suites are also good and slightly cheaper.

I would recommend the "Embassy Suites Orlando-International Drive South/Convention Center" one. That is, the one actually on International Drive nearer Pointe Orlando, rather than the one on Jamaican Court which I think is called "Embassy Suites Orlando-International Drive I-Drive 360" (or similar).

We'll be staying at the Convention Center one next year.

However, the outdoor pool is rather small and not very impressive. It also has an indoor pool. If you are planning on spending a lot of time at the pool, then I'd suggest perhaps looking elsewhere.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
I’m a manager here at head office. You also can use your staff discount card at Walgreens
I also work in head office and I never knew that!
2026 - maybe...

Edited at 01:28 PM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for all your replies. We will be going to the water parks so can make plenty of use of them too. We've just stayed at Caribbean Beach in Disney and the kids actually preferred the "quiet" pool to the main pool so I think we'll be ok
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
However, the outdoor pool is rather small and not very impressive. It also has an indoor pool. If you are planning on spending a lot of time at the pool, then I'd suggest perhaps looking elsewhere.
The pool at the Jamaican Court hotel is split part indoor/part outdoor... the indoor bit is like a tiny grim municipal pool, not very nice at all. The outdoor bit is right next to the slip road off the I4 and is very noisy.
Old 11 Nov 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sonesta has a jacuzzi as well as a pool

Our Happy Place
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List