Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 18 Nov 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Day 1 - Friday 1st November 2019 - Denny's & Longhorn Steakhouse

We decided to eat breakfast out this morning, and because I had a 20% off coupon for Denny’s this was our eaterie of choice. We went to the one on Hwy 27, not far from Posner Park. Here are a few menu pics to start with.

We both chose the Double Berry Banana Pancake Breakfast - Buttermilk pancakes cooked with blueberries and topped with fresh seasonal berries, bananas and whipped cream. Served with 2 eggs, hash browns plus 2 bacon strips or 2 sausage links.

This was the perfect start to our day, it was so good. The pancakes were hot and fresh, and the blueberries through them were really juicy, so they weren’t dry at all. The cooked items were nice as well, and we commented on how we prefer the hash browns here compared to the packaged ones you tend to get with breakfasts at home. We had both chosen one sausage and one bacon as our meat, the sausage had a slight spiciness to it, and the bacon was very crispy, as is the norm in America. We each had 3 mugs of delicious coffee to wash it all down as well. With my coupon, the total was $18.97 plus tip. I love the little slogans on the coffee mugs here. We both had the same one here today, but there are more coming up in future days.

Our next stop was Walmart for our main grocery shop. We used to have so much more in our trolley when the kids came with us, but we tried to limit ourselves to what we knew we would manage to eat to avoid too much waste. Our shop included bread, butter, crisps, donuts, juice, ice, water, fruit, beer and bottles cocktails for me. We also bought loads of wax melts to use at home and some cleaning bits and bobs we needed for the villa. Total $87.34, although the food and drinks only came to $70.32.

Neil managed to eat a couple of donuts as a snack while we were relaxing by our pool in the afternoon, but I was so full from breakfast that I only had some Hawaiian Punch. We always buy this, it so good and we’ve had loads of flavours over the years. I phoned both of our girls during the afternoon and they both asked if we had bought Hawaiian Punch. It’s a family tradition now!

About 6pm, we headed out to Longhorn Steakhouse on the US192 for dinner. It wasn’t too busy at this time and we were seated straight away. We ordered drinks while we perused the menu, Coke for Neil and strawberry margarita for me. We also had some of the lovely warm bread.

Neil was tempted to order the ribeye, as recommended by our server, but in the end ordered the 8oz Flo’s Filet. My choice was never in question, it was always going to be the Flo’s Filet for me, although I chose the 6oz. A guest favourite and named after one of our servers who loved this signature cut. Our most tender center-cut of beef; lean yet succulent, mouth-watering buttery texture, and subtle flavour. Hand-seasoned and cooked to perfection.

For our sides, we both chose the mac and cheese and I subbed my salad for broccoli. Neil stuck with the salad. As always, the steaks were so tasty, I have no idea what the rub they put on the steaks is made of, but it’s so good. The mac & cheese was also tasty, but very rich and creamy and I couldn’t finish mine. Total $69.71 plus tip.

Neil managed some crisps and beer during the evening, but I am 100% failing on the snack front, and couldn’t manage any more food today.

Total food spend today $159.00.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Mmmmm, some yummy food there. American breakfast and Longhorn. We prefer IHOP but that breakfast looks delicious. On-site at Disney with the DDP for the first time this year and I will miss Longhorn. We may have to venture offsite for a Keke’s breakfast though! Have a great holiday. Thanks for posting.
Tassiriki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Making me hungry! I wouldn't be able to resist the doughnuts at the moment. Thank you for posting and have a lovely time.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

That's 2 of our favourite restaurants when we visit. Great value at Denny's and excellent steaks at Longhorn.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tassiriki View Post
Mmmmm, some yummy food there. American breakfast and Longhorn. We prefer IHOP but that breakfast looks delicious. On-site at Disney with the DDP for the first time this year and I will miss Longhorn. We may have to venture offsite for a Keke’s breakfast though! Have a great holiday. Thanks for posting.
We like IHOP too, it's coming up later in the report . Keke's too! Ooh, we've never done onsite with a dining plan before, but I like reading the reports of it to get ideas for when we do. I hope you have fun planning all your onsite dining.

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
Making me hungry! I wouldn't be able to resist the doughnuts at the moment. Thank you for posting and have a lovely time.
Thank you, we're home now but we did have a great holiday. The doughnuts were yummy

Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
That's 2 of our favourite restaurants when we visit. Great value at Denny's and excellent steaks at Longhorn.
Two of our favourites too. It was definitely a "win win" on the food front today.

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks so good, especially the steaks! Have a lovely time x
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Another really good day. Two firm favourites plus a Walmart trip. Steak looks really tasty.
Old 19 Nov 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Breakfast looks good... i was at the same Longhorn just a few weeks ago ... wish i was there now 😫
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Looks so good, especially the steaks! Have a lovely time x
Thank you, the steaks were really good

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Another really good day. Two firm favourites plus a Walmart trip. Steak looks really tasty.
This was a great food day, we really enjoyed all of our meals.

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Breakfast looks good... i was at the same Longhorn just a few weeks ago ... wish i was there now 😫
The breakfast was so good, and I also wish I was at Longhorns just now … it sure beats the bowl of soup I had tonight

Old 19 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You should have said yesterday that you'd started this I'm very cross that I'm a day behind! I was on my phone so the signatures don't show up otherwise I'd have spotted the link.

Great start thought, I love the strawberry and lime cider. Looked great, even if the lasagne wasnt quite up to par.

A fab first day in Florida though with Dennys for breakfast and then Longhorns for dinner. It's got to be the Flo's Filet hasn't it? Although I like mine with the loaded potato as opposed to the Mac and cheese. I do like the strawberry margs there too. Seems I'm all about the drinks . You looked like you were enjoying it in the photo.

I can't wait to see what other food and drink delights you had. I'm well and truly on board now.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List