Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 12, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Its our first time staying in a villa this year. Stayed in a lovely condo 2 years ago at the Sheraton Vistana LBV and although we had quite a bit of room, we still had the faff of getting the boys dressed in swimmers and then walking to the pool with a bag packed with drinks, sun lotion, hats etc etc!

So here's my list of why I cant wait to stay in a villa:

Loadsa space
Private pool/hot tub (swimwear optional! )
No need to worry about people above or below you being noisy
Lovely big kitchen/fridge, to store lots of yummy snacks/drink
More than 1 TV so there wont be any arguments over who wants to watch what!
Option of using a lovely big communal pool if we feel like it
It will really feel like home for 3 weeks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Having 2 children 1 of each sex, they really do not want to share a room let alone a bed so them having their own space. Having your own pool to chill out in and for us the must have is a games room. My 2 love relaxing in the games room before bed in an evening after a day at the parks. Also all the other things that have been posted here.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gemboss
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

being able to relax after busy days out; DS goes off to bed in his own room and DH and I can still chat or watch tv without disturbing him. In the morning I'm usually 1st to wake and I can get up and potter around without worrying about disturbing others Also like lazing by the pool on our "days off" - we like the privacy of villa pool rather than a communal pool. All in all a villa suits our needs more than hotel.
gemboss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't sleep well in Florida so for me it's nice to have space to wander about. Our absolute favorite thing as well is breakfast by the pool, it just starts the day in a really exciting and positive way. Having a private pool. Being able to have friends over for a bbq and a drink. More space for kids to run around and play. I've never felt uncomfortable there, it's nice to feel like a home that beautiful is yours even for a few weeks! Also enjoy the chores there I miss it!
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Being able to say at the end of a busy day "Lets go home!" Bliss.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Not going to the bathroom in the night only to find that you are stood in the corridor naked with your room door locked behind you.
You must have done too.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

We went in October, and hope to again. Evenings were cool and it was pure luxury being able to have a night time swim in the lovely heated pool. We stayed a week at POFQ then a week in a villa and the day we arrived at the villa we all spread out and did our own thing for a bit, with everyone deciding we would have a poolside bbq for tea. Hard to describe, glad we tried both Disney hotel and villa but everyone agrees definitely just the villa next time.
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Sorry I have post a negative. You will be gutted it's not your home!

anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Oooh games room! What bonus that is. My kids love having a games room to play in the evening.
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Room,room,room !
No noisy neighbours above you or attached to your wall !
Your own pool
Seperate large bathrooms
Several tv's so everyones happy
Having cereal for breakfast
Did i mention room ,room,room

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread