Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
1968hammer
Getting Excited

1968hammer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Bahamian cruise on the Dream August - thinking out loud

We are booked for the Dream 7th August, first time cruising, as a taster!

I note the various cancellations including yesterday's European cruises. Is it possible that DCL is managing workload by canceling routes in a logical sense?

We are traveling from the UK and despite the FCO and US travel bans we are hopeful we get to holiday, of sorts. Presuming measures are in place, we would board the cruise. however, if the bans are lifted and then the cruise likely to be cancelled we would happily extend the earlier part of our trip touring the Keys. This involves extending and moving various accommodation bookings on our Keys tour.

So, firstly, the longer it is left the more expensive booking accommodation will become? also, we will need to extend our car hire given this would have been returned prior to the cruise and our travel back to the UK.

Secondly, we met our PIF date last weekend to avoid loss of deposit and effecting cancellation. If the two travel bans remain in place we have pre-COViD insurance to cover losses.

Thirdly, I could rearrange Keys accommodations in anticipation of the cruise cancelling, but if it doesn't cancel ?!? I need to rearrange again!
😨
2000 - Villa Davenport; 2003 - La Quinta by Sheraton Lakeside; 2005 - Villa US27; 2006 - Villa Calabay Parc; 2007 DLP - Newport Bay Club; 2010 - Villa Highgate Park; 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Marathon Weekend); 2016 - AKL/Regal Palms/Hard Rock Hotel; 2017 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Disney Wedding (best man) and Marathon Weekend) 2023 - Villa Solterra Resort
1968hammer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I think that it is more likely they are assuming Caribbean ports will open pretty soon whereas European ones are getting later and later and New York is looking dodgy. That said I don't think anyone really knows. Most cruise lines are saying they are starting back up Caribbean ventures in July/August looking at the latest dates but that doesn't help sorry
Old 9 Jun 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We’re in the same position, 15th August on Fantasy.

If the trip goes ahead but the cruise is cancelled we need accommodation for the week and also car hire.

I’m holding out a little longer as we’re not sure where we fancy staying yet but I’ll probably book something with free cancellation.

The car hire is tougher, we’re due to return to Port Canaveral and then collect from there a week later. A 3 week rental is extortionate but might be our only option as the Port Canaveral Alamo is closed and we can’t make any bookings involving it. We had hoped to add Kennedy Space Centre for the day to coincide with changing the car over but that’s not currently possible.

I have no idea if they’ll let us return to another location if that ones closed.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I think that it is more likely they are assuming Caribbean ports will open pretty soon whereas European ones are getting later and later and New York is looking dodgy. That said I don't think anyone really knows. Most cruise lines are saying they are starting back up Caribbean ventures in July/August looking at the latest dates but that doesn't help sorry
Some have already announced longer closures. We’re due to stop at Grand Cayman but they’re now closed until September.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Some have already announced longer closures. We’re due to stop at Grand Cayman but they’re now closed until September.
Yeah sorry wasn't very clear, some of the ports have yes like Grand Caymen but my understanding is that Bahamas is open July and some of the virgin isles are similar dates. As its a Dream cruise I'm assuming its only Bahamas that would be an issue and that is set to open according to everything I've seen.
Old 9 Jun 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
1968hammer
Getting Excited

1968hammer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re in the same position, 15th August on Fantasy.

If the trip goes ahead but the cruise is cancelled we need accommodation for the week and also car hire.

I’m holding out a little longer as we’re not sure where we fancy staying yet but I’ll probably book something with free cancellation.

The car hire is tougher, we’re due to return to Port Canaveral and then collect from there a week later. A 3 week rental is extortionate but might be our only option as the Port Canaveral Alamo is closed and we can’t make any bookings involving it. We had hoped to add Kennedy Space Centre for the day to coincide with changing the car over but that’s not currently possible.

I have no idea if they’ll let us return to another location if that ones closed.
I feel the same, to hold on. fingers crossed we at least get to fly. first world problem, but could really do with some Florida sunshine.
2000 - Villa Davenport; 2003 - La Quinta by Sheraton Lakeside; 2005 - Villa US27; 2006 - Villa Calabay Parc; 2007 DLP - Newport Bay Club; 2010 - Villa Highgate Park; 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Marathon Weekend); 2016 - AKL/Regal Palms/Hard Rock Hotel; 2017 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Disney Wedding (best man) and Marathon Weekend) 2023 - Villa Solterra Resort
1968hammer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List