Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 12, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnsonsontour
Apprentice Imagineer

Johnsonsontour's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thumbs up Villa - Positives only!

Hi, Have just booked our first stay in a Dibb Villa, very much looking forward to it. As a first timer to a Villa stay i just wanted to start a thread where people could post what they liked/found more beneficial in staying in a Villa for their holiday, compared to a hotel.
POSITIVE only, there have been so many negative threads lately
Sunset Lakes - Villa Aug 2015, Aug 2016 Oct 2017 Oct 2019
Johnsonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pawwavingpuppy
Imagineer

I'm a very early riser, and OH likes a lay in. So when I get up, when its dark, I can leave him gently snoring, and I can go and make coffee, sit round the pool and wait for the sun to rise... lovely and peaceful... then I can potter back inside and watch TV if I want, all without disturbing him...

We stayed at a Dibb villa last year, and will be going back again in September... on our first morning I was sitting round the pool, at stupid o clock on our first morning, and an owl landed in a tree right outside the lanai, he sat there hooting for ages - My Harry Potter moment...

Villas for us all the way
pawwavingpuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
clare g
Apprentice Imagineer

What I like is when DD5 is ready for bed she can sleep peacefully upstairs while the rest of us can still enjoy the pool, games room,or just watch TV without disturbing her
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NearToDisney
Very Serious Dibber

Villas provide loads of extra space for spreading out all the shopping from 2 weeks worth of retail therapy ... a hotel room is never big enough to accommodate all my bags of shopping from the Premium Outlets and Florida Mall !
NearToDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsJD
Apprentice Imagineer

Being able to sit round the pool first thing in the morning/last thing at night in my PJ's with a cup of earl grey. Having a lie in if I want to without being woken by housekeeping. Not having to worry about people above or below us. The only negative thing is having to come home to a normal size house with no pool to sit round

Buena Vista Villa April 1999, 2001
Tuscan Ridge Villa August 2011
Vista Park Villa April 2012 Calabay Parc Villa Sept 2012
Vista Park Villa Nov 2013 2016
MrsJD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

The space! The space is so incredible.

Also, driving home from the parks, parking up on your own drive, opening the door and letting the kids run straight out to the pool. No faffing up and down from the hotel room.

Love that part!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Granbran
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
More than one bathroom is great as well.
My son stays up late but I get up early so in a villa we don't disturb each other - the rest of the family are early to bed and not so early risers!. Like to have the occassional meal in the villa. easy things in the oven and baked potatoes , salad etc but nice to just sit leisurely having a meal and drink (or two).
1991 Days Inn,1993/96/98 Flydrive,1994 Catalina Inn,2000 Lindfields,2003 Thousand Oaks, 2004/2006 Liki Tiki,2005 Cruise,2007/2008 Regal Palms,2010 High Grove,2011 Star Island, 2012 Marriots Cypress Harbour,2013 SSR/Sheraton Vistana,2015 Calabria,2016 India,2017Westgate/Cabana Bay,2017POFQ/WestgateTown,2018 India,2019 CBR&Westgate Town
Granbran is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
moanaminute
slightly serious Dibber

Oh where do I begin...
Space, independance, quiet time, pool time, privacy, luxury, own loo(!), wine time in whatever area you like etc, etc,etc
moanaminute is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pcnine28
Imagineer

Stayed in 2 different villas and will defo use a Dibb villa again for the 2014 trip with the inlaws. Love the space, the washing facilities, your own pool, relaxing in front of the telly, the kitchen, the games room, the sense of community, the privacy . . .
Fab, fab, fab.
Only staying in hotel this year coz cheapie hol with just the 3 of us.
pcnine28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 12, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for this nice positive thread! So many pluses, space, extra bathrooms, lanai, laundry facilities, kitchen...room to spread out and all to have their privacy. It is just nice to have all the conveniences of home while you are away! Our favorites are taking walks through the community, have our coffee on the lanai in the morning and a glass of wine on the lanai in the evening (or two!).

Sandy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread