Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Oct 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
October 2019 - The Unexpected one! Day 1 - AK & DS

Day 1 - Animal Kingdom, pool time and Disney Springs.

I had an OK night sleep, think I fell asleep first, but then woke up 2 or 3 times, mainly due to fidgeting Katie next to me, I swear she thinks she’s Rocky when she sleeps! The boys were both still asleep too, and at 5am, I caved in and got up, and jumped straight in the shower while they started stirring, by the time I got out of the shower it was 5.30 and they were all awake and surprisingly willing to get ready to leave to go to Animal Kingdom! We couldn’t wait for this, it was our favourite park in 2018, so we couldn’t wait to get there! Isnt it funny how every year you have a different park as your favourite? HS was our fave in 2016, AK in 2018. Wondered what it would be in 2019! I had brought some cereal bars from home, so we all had a snack while getting ready. By 6.30 we left our room, and by 6.37 we were waiting at the All Star Sports bus stop! I loved the location of this room, was literally a few minutes to the bus stop, and loved that there was only one bus stop.

We soon got on the bus, and could not believe how close to AK we were, our first photo time was 6.56am outside the entrance!

The park opened at 7am, we went to Guest Services to arrange our DAS pass, which was nice and easy, and we were stood outside the Tree of Life at 7.08, we have never been in a park this early, I text my friend who was as shocked as I was when I told her we were in park, every year we intend to go early, but it never happens!

Everyone headed round to Pandora, however we had fast passes for FOP later on in the day, so we’re happy to go elsewhere! We walked round to Everest, which is the kids favourite, and we were gutted when it was down! So made our way round to Dinosaur instead, stopping at Dinoland! I love it here!

We rode Dinosaur, but had forgotten how much it throws you around! The wait time posted 5 mins, but I don’t think we even waited that long.

When we came out, Everest was up and running again, so we walked back in that direction, and it was a walk on, I actually kept my eyes open the whole time which is a miracle and let go of the bar, go me, last time I covered my face so people couldn’t see how terrified I was haha.

We came off and the boys wanted to go back on, Katie is like me and can’t handle too much at once, especially so early on in the day with an empty stomach! We bought a drink from the shop at the exit and sat on the rocks waiting for them to come off, not quite a walk on but still only about 5 mins wait! It was a beautiful hazy morning.

Once they were off, we were all a bit peckish, so walked round to Starbucks, 3 drinks, 2 cheese, sausage and egg muffins, and 2 pain au chocolates and it came to $40 roughly.

It filled us up nicely, and by the time we had finished it was about 9am, we had a loo stop and topped up the suncream, we watched a bit of the parrot show outside the tree of life, and saw a beautiful red cardinal! A full on Angry Bird moment!

We then decided to have a walk around the tree, as we had never done this before, it was lovely and quiet, we didn’t pass anyone for ages. Couldn’t believe all the detail when you get close up to it, it’s so well made and so intricate.

We decided to do It's tough to be a bug! Another new one for us, we waited ages for the next showing, and it was so hot! I was so grateful that we were inside for it! We went through to the auditorium, we didn’t really know what to expect, and there were lots of little kids there. It started and loads of said little kids started screaming, my 2 teens were in hysterics as they thought it was hilarious, until the bugs scuttle along the benches and tickle your bum, then they were laughing/screaming with the toddlers, me and Craig couldn’t stop laughing at them, but I did feel for the little kids, it was very dark and I can see why it would freak them out!

It was now 10.15 and we decided to get the train over to the Conservation Station as Katie wanted to do the art class. Joey hates art, but joined in so that she didn’t go on her own. The kids queued up for this, while Craig and I found a bench inside, right oppersite where they were about to carry out a surgery on one of the animals! It was fascinating to watch, what we could see anyway! The kids enjoyed their art class, it lasted about half an hour, they were very proud of their Pumbas! We went outside and the kids went to see the goats, it was quite busy in this area and as it was now 11.30 we were starting to flag.

We got back on the train, and we made our way round to Pandora for our FOP fast pass, exciting! We all LOVED this last year, so couldn’t want to go on it again! Safe to say, it was still a firm favourite, I had forgotten how free you feel why flying! It still amazes me even after riding it several times!

By now it was 12.45, and we made the decision to head back to the resort, it was so hot, and the kids just wanted to jump in the pool. By 1pm we were at the bus stop and back in the resort by 1.30. We were peckish, so mobile ordered some food in the food court, the kids went back to the room to get the refillable mugs while we waited for the food. We were planning on Disney Springs for dinner tonight so didn’t want to over eat, I ordered a portion of buffalo wings and some fries for me and Craig to share, and the kids had some chicken tenders and fries between them, this was enough as the portions are big and I didn’t want to spoil dinner!

Suitably fed, we went back to the room and all relaxed & got into our pool clothes. We spent a lovely few hours round the pool, its so bright and has music, and pool balls & floats to entertain yourself with, I read my book for a bit while cooling off every now and then, Craig and the kids were more than happy mucking about in the water! It was 32’ and just perfect!

We finished up at the pool and went back to the room for a relax and a shower, we took it in turns and think we all had a snooze, sometimes it’s needed and you have to give in! We don’t do full park days as we just get too hot and bothered, so half days suit us.

We headed out to the bus to Disney Springs, it was 7.30 now by the time we got there and I hadn’t made any reservations for dinner, we let the kids pick, and the both wanted to go to T Rex again, we have a Landrys card so walked straight up and got seated in 5 mins, which is great when it’s so busy and the queue is out the door!

Katie was a bit grumpy, she was so tired and needed a good sleep, she looked like she was going to drop off at the table at one point. We shared some mozzarella strips to start, and I had the prehistoric pasta with chicken, Craig had the bronto burger, and the kids both had corn dogs with fries. We both had a beer, it went down a treat! None of us had a pudding, bit like breakfast, none of us a massive fans of puddings, and I wanted to go to Goofys Candy Co for a Mickey cookie to snack on later! I think the bill came to $65 once the $25 reward was taken off, and so we left $80 with tip. Food was lovely, and just what we needed, must have enjoyed it as I didn't take any pictures as we scoffed the lot! We walked round to Goofys Candy Co, I love Disney Springs at night when it’s all lit up, there was a nice breeze aswell which made walking about much more bearable than it is in the summer!

I bought myself a giant cookie, and we made our way back to the bus stop. I think a certain young lady was asleep the whole way home, and crashed into bed as soon as we got back. Checked my FitBit and we did nearly 20,000 steps today, it didn’t feel that many, but judging by how we all crashed into bed, our bodies were definitely feeling it! We had a fab first full day, did it at our own pace, didn’t over do it, and were looking forward to the Harveys arrival tomorrow!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great first day love AK especially the Pandora area
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
What a great day, loads of ride and lovely snacks. You just can’t beat a Landry’s card!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Afternoon rests on the first day should be the law 😂😂

You got a lot done at AK

Joan
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Looking forward to some more of this trip report. Nicely written.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Good time had by all.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great first day love AK especially the Pandora area
I love Pandora so much, especially at night! It's got such a nice feel to it hasn't it!

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great day, loads of ride and lovely snacks. You just can’t beat a Landry’s card!
Makes me wonder why we don't have similar over here! We have put it to good use over the past few years!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Afternoon rests on the first day should be the law 😂😂

You got a lot done at AK

Joan
The early start was the only reason for that Joan! But the mid day rests have become a habit as the years go on haha!

Originally Posted by prugone View Post
Looking forward to some more of this trip report. Nicely written.
Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Good time had by all.
Thank you, we do love AK!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Great first day thank you for sharing xx