Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Nov 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Universal resorts

So looking at booking 5 nights at cabana bay in August and universal are giving me

"be a savvy traveller" rate (which is cheaper) or seasonal rate.

What is the difference please? I ca't seem to see anything that tells me what it is and if I'm eligible?

Also Universal direct would be £823.85 roughly at an exchange rate of 1.3 but you pay 1 night deposit and the rest on check in - if I've read it right

ATD is coming up at £789 with a £200 deposit and pay rest in July

Is their any other benefits to booking with either of these. Is it safer to book with universal direct given the current situation or any other difference you can think of. Or are there any deals I have missed?

I assume you pay parking with both? I did check virgin and they were £829.20 including parking which would have been cheaper however virgin want a staggering £700 deposit which is just not feasable this close to christmas.

My final question are the boxing day sales likely to be cheaper than whats on offer now for black friday?

I only have till midnight to book with ATD so have to make decisions quick :-( any help appreciated never stayed at Universal before
Old 30 Nov 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You are eligible for 'savvy traveler', it's just an early booking deal. The deposit would be fully refundable up to a few days before check in. In the current climate I would probably pay the extra thirty odd quid for this flexibility.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

I've found that ebookers/Expedia are usually a bit cheaper and offer the option of 1 night deposit with free cancellation upto the day before I think. One of them usually has 10% topcashback or Quidco as well.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List