Notices

Old 11 Jan 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by StephieBoots View Post
We booked on this trip a week ago and so excited! I’m not even a Star Wars fan really, my boyfriend is but I watched so many videos on YT of Galaxy’s Edge, light saber and droid building and it looks awesome!

Finally managed to get our booking linked to the Disney app but it won’t let us book light sabers and droids more than a month ahead. When we booked they said could book 60 days ahead... how did you manage to book lightsaber in? We also haven’t had anything by way of an itinerary like yours but they told us when we booked that the dessert party is on 16th and meal on 21st.
We got the itinerary in a separate email, so it might be that you get it later - if you like I can message you the link to it?

Which hotel are you staying at? It sounds like we could have a mini Dibb meet as I now know of 3/4 of us who are going on it!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Just came across this, it sounds like an amazing trip, and you did so well keeping it as a Christmas surprise! Not long to go now.
I am quite impressed with our secret-keeping skills if I do say so myself.

I literally just said to DS “this time in 5 weeks we’ll be boarding”, I am so excited and also need to do a post about our plans for each day so that I have it somewhere to refer to 😂
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Great pre trippie! Not be long now before you are there! Your sons face was great 🙈 I’m sure he will enjoy himself with all the Star Wars bits going off! Look forward to reading your trip report!
Thanks - he’s still so, so pleased that we’re going. He knows what a lucky boy he is and has been watching videos on YouTube to prepare himself for it (and particularly the light saber building).

I’m looking forward to doing a trip report for it - I think it will be a good record for the children to have later on (especially Holly who, at just 2, is pretty clueless!)
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Good job our plans are flexible!

On the way back from taking Holly to Babyballet this morning I got an email telling us that our hour's early entry to Galaxy's Edge has been changed to an evening of exclusive use instead...

I was a bit thrown at first - I'd arranged everything around an early start on that day and booked to build a lightsaber at 10:30. Then, I thought about it a bit more and decided it might actually be better for us in the evening.

So, we're now getting 90 mins of exclusive access, with both rides open, so in that respect it's better. Unfortunately there were no more lightsaber slots, so I think we'll go to DHS in the morning, leave around lunch time and then head back late afternoon/early evening. Luckily as it's a fairly quiet time of year I've been able to amend our fastpasses without too much trouble and we'll just have to hope that Holly has a good afternoon nap that day!
Old 19 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
On the way back from taking Holly to Babyballet this morning I got an email telling us that our hour's early entry to Galaxy's Edge has been changed to an evening of exclusive use instead...

I was a bit thrown at first - I'd arranged everything around an early start on that day and booked to build a lightsaber at 10:30. Then, I thought about it a bit more and decided it might actually be better for us in the evening.

So, we're now getting 90 mins of exclusive access, with both rides open, so in that respect it's better. Unfortunately there were no more lightsaber slots, so I think we'll go to DHS in the morning, leave around lunch time and then head back late afternoon/early evening. Luckily as it's a fairly quiet time of year I've been able to amend our fastpasses without too much trouble and we'll just have to hope that Holly has a good afternoon nap that day!
That’s funny because because when I first read my pals info and saw that day included a bus from HS to the hotel I thought the GE entry must be at night, so the bus was needed as the Disney busses would have stopped. So I was really surprised when they then said it was in the morning. Not that surprised it’s at closing now. And like you, I think it might actually work better.

Getting close now!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great surprise for your son on Christmas day. It sounds like your trip will be perfect for Star Wars fans.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I love this site - I was searching about travelling with toddlers earlier and saw a mention of the Harmony Barbershop which I'd never heard of before despite being a regular WDW visitor for about 20 years.

Holly still doesn't have very much hair, and I was just thinking yesterday that it needs a little cut for the first time so I thought I'd try and book a slot there. As fate would have it, they had one appointment for the whole week we're there - on the day that we've planned to go to MK - so clearly I had to book it!

I wonder what other little things there are that I am clueless about but would love to add to my plans.
Old 11 Feb 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
This trip sounds amazing, we would love it as we are all huge star wars fans. Looking forward to reading your trip report
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Let the packing commence!

With just under 65 hours to go, the pre-holiday anxiety is kicking in.

So many things on my mind:
  • Will the Amazon order I just placed arrive in time? It needs to!
  • Is there anything I've forgotten to buy?
  • Will Storm Dennis be kind to this nervous flyer?
  • When will everyone else in the family stop wearing the clothes that I've put aside to pack for them?

We have a pretty much finalised plan in place now, although we'll flex it a bit while we're away I'm sure as you need to be a bit flexible with a toddler in tow!

Saturday - Arrive MCO 17:30ish - transfer to hotel then plan to just grab a pizza or something light to eat onsite while we can still keep our eyes open

Sunday - EPCOT - will head over when we've woken up and have eaten some breakfast, have some fastpasses booked, but I can't remember what for! Definitely Soarin' though - my favourite ride. We'll probably head back to the hotel after lunch for a rest until going back out for the Dessert Party in the evening - will do World Showcase before that too

Monday - Animal Kingdom - Presidents' Day so I think it will be busy. We have fastpasses for late afternoon and Rivers of Light in the evening, so may head to Disney Springs in the morning

Tuesday - Magic Kingdom - Holly's haircut booked for 4:30 and fastpasses at various points throughout the day - our only day planned for MK, so will probably try and pack a lot in

Wednesday - Hollywood Studios - THE STAR WARS DAY! - Will head in for the morning - Ethan has light saber building at 10:30 and I think that Holly and I will have a hot date with Mickey Mouse at Disney Junior while the boys do that. We'll head back to the hotel for the afternoon for a rest before the exclusive access in the evening and prepare to try and get on the rides as many times in the 90 mins available

Thursday - Animal Kingdom - Late breakfast booked at Tusker House - which is good as I don't fancy an early start after our late night at DHS. I wouldn't usually plan 2 days in AK as not my fav park, but only way I could get fastpasses for everything we want to do.

Friday - Hollywood Studios - back to do Slinky Dog. Don't think we'll spend long there necessarily and wing it a bit. Star Wars dinner is in the evening at EPCOT I think so may do a bit of world showcase then too.

Saturday - Pot Luck Day - flight home not until 20:25, so we have most of the day. Will make a late decision about where to spend it I think...

Now I've written it down I think it's all going to go so quickly

Edited at 10:02 AM.
Old 13 Feb 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Well, none of my pre-holiday anxieties included “vomiting child”, but that’s exactly what we got last night!

Fingers crossed she seems ok this morning and the rest of us are spared. It feels like a white knuckle ride before we’ve even got to the theme parks! 😂