Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 11 Jun 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile BBW Walflower

Does anybody know if they can just be plugged into a normal US to UK converter?
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Not sure. You can buy them with UK plugs on some Facebook groups (they sell them in the Dubai BBW stores)
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Im planning on buying some from Orlando when I go next year just wondered if I could plug them straight into an adapter as I have one from US to UK already at home.
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Not really a good idea, those adaptor are not really for leaving in for days / weeks - which you would probably want to do with a plugin - well I would not do it anyway!

As was said above, the Dubai BBW stores sell them with a 3 pin plug that are fine to use (had 2 for years) and you can search on ebay for them, or look on the FB groups. Just be aware that the selection from Dubai is much smaller than the US stores.

Here is a listing I found on ebay as an example:

ebay/itm/Bath-and-...AczaKZwGrCSVQg
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

I've used the 'step down' convertors to use a US Yankee warmer but left it on overnight twice and burned it out. I was then told it shouldn't be used for more than 3 hours at a time so hardly ever use it in case I forget again!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks all. I think I will just stick to the candles. I go to India quite often and their power is the same so might buy some from there! Wish they would open up here in the UK
Old 11 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
Thanks all. I think I will just stick to the candles. I go to India quite often and their power is the same so might buy some from there! Wish they would open up here in the UK
Singapore also have plugs that are safe to use here.

They did used to have stores in the UK but if they came back again (highly unlikely ) I'd bet we wouldn't get the same range or offers so would still be better to buy from the US!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
Does anybody know if they can just be plugged into a normal US to UK converter?
I love BBW stuff and have loads, but I am not impressed with the wallflower plug ins at all. The smell is barely noticeable if at all, and I have tried lots of different scents. I love the candles with smell gorgeous. Maybe someone else will come along with an opinion on them before you purchase.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I love BBW stuff and have loads, but I am not impressed with the wallflower plug ins at all. The smell is barely noticeable if at all, and I have tried lots of different scents. I love the candles with smell gorgeous. Maybe someone else will come along with an opinion on them before you purchase.
I don't think they're as good as Glade or Airwick personally. The only room I find they work in for me, is my dining room when I'm airing the washing but I do have 'fresh' type scents in there but they didn't work in my porch or hallway but they were more foodie type smells. I don't think I'll buy anymore when I've got through my mountain of refills!
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
I don't think they're as good as Glade or Airwick personally. The only room I find they work in for me, is my dining room when I'm airing the washing but I do have 'fresh' type scents in there but they didn't work in my porch or hallway but they were more foodie type smells. I don't think I'll buy anymore when I've got through my mountain of refills!
I much prefer Glade. I have tried wallflowers, in pretty much every room in the house and sadly not impressed. I have refills in a box in laundry room not even opened and using Glade. I won’t be buying any more.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List