Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Sep 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I hope it will be offered as we desperately want it for 2022 but I feel they will be concentrating on their domestic market first getting that all sorted before they worry about free dining for us. I think they will reintroduce it as a paid before anything will be free. That might not be until after September 21 and more than likely anyone going in 2022 has probably booked by then. Obviously complete guess work but I just think free dining is bottom of the to do list with everything like the 50th celebrations going on. If it’s limited crowds for awhile yet then they don’t need free dining. I have a feeling when info comes out for bookings for late September 2021 onwards we may get a better idea. I would have thought that can’t be too far away.

But like I said pure guesswork and I could be writing gibberish

Edited at 07:40 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Orlando is badly hit with a lot of layoffs right now.

adding link to source

fox35orlando/news/ov...d-indefinitely

Over 2000 people lost jobs at Universal resort in few weeks. Things are not looking good

At some point they will be keen to get people back in the parks but not sure what kind of offers they will have. There have bigger fish to worry about! And the image of unemployed laid off theme park workers lining up to get free meal while offering free food to entice tourists doesn't feel right to me.

Edited at 08:10 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There are 2 very distinct camps here. Those that think Disney will offer it to draw in international custom and those that think they will take this opportunity to withdraw it. I hope it will return but I have a feeling it’s much more likely that we will see discounts on a seasonal basis like the US offers. Only time will tell and I’ll be keeping everything crossed that I’m wrong come April.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

I’ve only ever been wdw once that was last December, and I loved it and now obsessed. For my next big trip there with my kids and family I wanted to stay on site and get the free dining plan so I do really hope it comes back.
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We can only afford to pay the over inflated summer holiday prices to stay at Disney if there’s a big insensitive. We went last year and desperately want to come back for one more time. That was meant to be for 2021 bit now looking at 2022. It depresses me seeing the out of school holiday prices compared to what we have to pay! I loved staying at Disney so much but o won’t pay over the odds without something like free dining. We’d most likely stay in a normal hotel for a week and then maybe a universal one for a week
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

They have because they can't offer something that's not available. If the parks open fully, Covid goes away and restaurants open, I can see it being offered.
They want foreign guests back ASAP
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Didn't they introduce the dining plan as a huge incentive to get people back to the parks after a period of financial uncertainty? Financial crash 2007/2008? Not sure if I made that up but sure I read it on here.

If so, I would be confident they will bring it back, even more so now due to Covid. They've temporarily removed the option of any dining plan (free or paid) as not all the restaurants are open, and I guess they're not sure when the restaurants will be back at full capacity right now. They have more pressing concerns than dining plans.

I don't think I would stay on site without a dining plan, or if I do it'll be at the cheapest value resort...

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 12:55 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

They also introduced a new dining plan before COVID hit too. I think once things get back to normal it will be introduced again however when normal is no one knows
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tdon
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I can't see it being offered for a few years at least. Demand for holidays will go through the roof once things simmer down. You'll have all of the people who wanted to go in 2020 looking to replace trips and then the usual guests. Tickets will be like gold dust
Tdon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
1RGJ
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Tdon View Post
I can't see it being offered for a few years at least. Demand for holidays will go through the roof once things simmer down. You'll have all of the people who wanted to go in 2020 looking to replace trips and then the usual guests. Tickets will be like gold dust
People won't have money like before
1RGJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List