Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Nov 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

The Good
BA - Couldn't fault them
Disney - Refund within 2 weeks.
Love Holiday - Despite the bad press, my hotel booking was non refundable they offered full refund.
Attraction Tickets - Great to deal with, refund within a week once they received my tickets back
Premier Inn - Again non refundable booking but gave me full refund without even asking.
HomeAway - Villa booking, 100% refund within 4 weeks

The Bad

Travel Republic - Actually the worst company I've dealt with. Cancelled in May and finally got my refund in August. Terrible communication, I wont be using them again.

All in all, I think the companies I have dealt with have been great.

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Quertychap
Excited about Disney

Our villa was booked for April and the owner refunded the extra we had paid for pool heating but not the remaining £1100 as we were cancelled just a few weeks before departure and the full amount had been paid. It took some time, but after providing all the info re cancelled flights and non refundable villa payment, the insurance company paid out with just the excess lost. It took some time and even the threat of taking our case to Rip off Britain, but we were paid. Get on to the insurance company with full details and you should be OK, provided you had the Disruption Clsuse in your policy which I had wisely paid extra for.
Quertychap is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

BA - faultless
Disney - faultless
EasyJet - full of huff, puff and excuses. Eventually resorted to a negative tweet, which got an instant result.
Virgin - not personal but waiting on a number of flights booked through work to be refunded. Dragging their heels would be a massive understatement.
Old 8 Nov 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Bad - Ocean Florida. My SIL has been waiting for a refund of £3800 for months. Was told by end of October and now they’ve said it can be up to 8 months!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dragon1
Dancing with Tink'

Did you get refund fromUS airtours. Im asking as its been 3 months since our package was cancelled and no refund due and only standard e mail replies!
Dragon1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dragon1 View Post
Did you get refund fromUS airtours. Im asking as its been 3 months since our package was cancelled and no refund due and only standard e mail replies!
Still no refund almost six months on, I don’t know where to turn with this. Last correspondence was on 10 Nov stating that refunds had been held up again due to lockdown.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dragon1
Dancing with Tink'

I thought ours was bad at 3 months ! We booked with Thomas Cook originally and usairtours took over when they went bust ! Did you try charge back with the bank ? Good luck, hope you get it soon, maybe a solicitors letter would help ?
Dragon1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Poor:
Ryanair. I did credit card charge back and received money back fairly quickly

Holiday Extras. One booking good and they refunded quickly, the other booking I ended up accepting a credit. I will use the credit but will never use them again after booking with them for years.

Excellent :

Villaplus. Received refund within a couple of weeks without even asking.
EasyJet: They cancelled my £40 return flight to Jersey and exchanged it for a £400 flight to Lanzarote next year so I think I did well out of that one.
Ebookers: Refunded a non refundable room with no issues at all.
Handpicked Hotels again refunded a non refundable hotel room.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dragon1 View Post
I thought ours was bad at 3 months ! We booked with Thomas Cook originally and usairtours took over when they went bust ! Did you try charge back with the bank ? Good luck, hope you get it soon, maybe a solicitors letter would help ?
I did but when I paid my balance with US Airtours they gave me bank details for a BACS transfer so my bank cant help me!
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy's Gal
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Tracydcp View Post
Bad - Ocean Florida. My SIL has been waiting for a refund of £3800 for months. Was told by end of October and now they’ve said it can be up to 8 months!

Myself and my SIL cancelled our package holidays with Ocean Florida in March (SIL) and August (myself) and have both now received an email today to say we will get it by March 2021. They seem to be the worst company I have heard about and don't understand how they are getting away with this as technically they are breaking the law.