Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 30 Nov 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I have an Ercol chair that belonged to my grandparents, we have had it recovered, it is the most comfortable chair
I have a feeling they don’t make them like they used to. It’s honestly the worst sofa and chair we have bought. Never again - I see us having to replace it in a year or two. Even the fabric looks like it’s years old already and we look after our furniture and don’t treat anything roughly.

Edited at 02:40 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
M& S ours is currently 10 years old and still as comfy as ever.
What I like also about m&s sofa’s is that the come in loads of variants from chair, snuggle sear, small sofa , medium, large , xl etc etc. Also the fabric closes and style choices are amazing.
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I am not sure whereabouts you are but this place lawtonsfurniture are in Birkenhead on the Wirral (they also have store in Flint, North Wales but the biggest outlet is Birkenhead). they manufacture for M&S, John Lewis, Next etc and they have hundreds of sofas that are less than half the store price. I have two large M&S sofas in one lounge and a Next sofa in my smaller lounge and along with a footstool and various other bits and pieces from there I paid less than £2K for all of it. They are really lovely to deal with too. I wouldn't go anywhere else these days.
We got our previous sofa and chairs from there, it was an M & S one, we must have had that one for around 15 years.
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
We bought a new sofa and 2 arm chairs 6 years ago, at the time we looked around all the usual big name furniture stores. We finally found a sofa we both liked in Furniture Village for around £3500, they still sell it now.

We then went home and DH googled the name of the sofa, it came up on a furniture outlet warehouse website in Rochdale. We travelled up there the following weekend and bought the same sofa and 2 chairs for approximately £2000, considerably less than in Furniture Village. They were all brand new, not damaged in any way and the guys delivering them were very professional. They also deliver miles away, we are over and hour and half from them.

I appreciate you may not live anywhere near Rochdale, but check in your local area for furniture outlet warehouses. I would go and visit all the big name sofa stores and then google the one you decide on, it may well be on sale for a lot less in a outlet store.

Ours are cream leather and 6 years old now and still look almost brand new.

Edited - not sure why warehouse website comes up with a link, we certainly didn't get it from there.
Can I ask where this is? We are near so worth a look as will be after one soon!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought ours for Oak Furniture Land back in October. Really pleased with it (not to mention pleased we have enough room now for the 4 of us to sit down. As opposed to 3 on the old one.)
Would def recommend
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Can I ask where this is? We are near so worth a look as will be after one soon!

I'm fairly sure it is called Rochdale Furniture Direct on Ings Avenue. It was a huge warehouse on 2 floors.
Old 30 Nov 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

We recently got one from wayfair. Last year we toured all the furniture stores and didn't see any we loved.
With lockdown took a chance online and we are really happy with it.
Old 3 Dec 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
I'm fairly sure it is called Rochdale Furniture Direct on Ings Avenue. It was a huge warehouse on 2 floors.
Ahh yes, thought it might be that one. My in laws have had a fair bit from there. Never been but might be earth a trip
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

If you can, don't buy it in store unless it is in stock. View in store by all means, but current advice is to then go and order it online and try to avoid it being custom in any way.

Doing it this way and on a credit card (not via PayPal or the likes) gives you maximum protection.

Good luck and hope you find one you like.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List