Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Brushing teeth - before or after breakfast?

I have breakfast cereal and coffee as soon as I wake up and then brush my teeth afterwards, but when I stayed at hotels with work colleagues they thought it odd that I would always go back to my hotel room after breakfast to brush my teeth as they would brush theirs before breakfast.

If I'm on holiday and eating breakfast out (Dennys grand slam usually) then I will brush my teeth before going out.

So I need to know what my dibb family do with regards this important subject, so do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Before breakfast.

On advice of dentist, it should be one of the first things you do.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always before. It’s the first thing I go when I get up.
Dh though is after as he says it makes his breakfast taste minty!
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

You should not eat or drink anything for an hour after brushing your teeth. Otherwise you are washing away the fluoride from your teeth. By not eating/drinking for an hour will reduce tooth decay by 25%
You should also never brush your teeth immediately after consuming certain foods like fruit because the acid weakness your enamel and brushing it can wear it down.
After fruit you can drink water, eat something like cheese or chew on gum to help acid erosion.
I am rather obsessed with teeth 🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Before then after tbh.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

If I am at home it’s after a cup of tea ( don’t eat breakfast ) then I clean them but if we are away and going out for food it’s always before . I couldn’t leave my house / hotel room without cleaning my teeth before .
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I usually brush after breakfast, but some days I will get dressed and walk the dog then have breakfast when I get back - don't brush after then.
If staying in a hotel I will brush before and after breakfast. Don't like the idea of going down in public with unbrushed teeth, then when I go back to my room to get my stuff for the day I will give them another go
sam7 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
Always before. It’s the first thing I go when I get up.
Dh though is after as he says it makes his breakfast taste minty!
This is the reason I don't brush my teeth before breakfast because it makes my breakfast and coffee taste horrible.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
At home, I brush after breakfast. However, if I’m away, I’ll brush before going down for breakfast, and then again after.
Old 1 Dec 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Definitely afterwards as not wanting to or have time to wait for food and drink to no longer taste minty.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List