Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Dec 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Prep all the vegetables, put out the Xmas ‘goodies’ in baskets, then bowling and out for dinner. We usually have a drive around on the way home to see all the Xmas lights.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I usually do some visiting until early afternoon but this year it will be window visits with some elderly aunts and a shielding friend.

Home to cook my ham and prep veg for the 25th and tea usually a takeaway then a few drinks and a Christmas film.

It's hard to stay up later than teenagers these days so my DH usually out stays them to leave their stockings out 😂
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Usually MacDonald’s Or a sandwich because we don’t know what to eat, having a chinese on the 27th with the in laws or we could have that! We will have a easy Christmas Day with no visitors.
Old 4 Dec 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ginwithaslice View Post
I usually do some visiting until early afternoon but this year it will be window visits with some elderly aunts and a shielding friend.

Home to cook my ham and prep veg for the 25th and tea usually a takeaway then a few drinks and a Christmas film.

It's hard to stay up later than teenagers these days so my DH usually out stays them to leave their stockings out 😂
Mine stay up late, we put the presents out in the morning when they are asleep
Old 4 Dec 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

I have no idea what we are going to do this year. I like the idea of a long walk in Delamere forrest, weather permitting, or we may just stay in all day and do nothing.

I don't usually cook on Christmas Eve, but this year it may have to be the local fish and chip shop.
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoDaisy
Having Dinner with Goofy

We normally go to a crib service at 4pm and then out to dinner. Back home for a Christmas movie (usually Arthur Christmas) and a cosy blanket.

It may have to be a takeaway this year - I’m not cooking LOL.
DiscoDaisy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

One thing I am NOT doing this year is wrapping on Christmas Eve! With no panto I’ve absolutely no excuse not to finish it before 😂 OH and I put each other’s presents on the sofa before we go to bed and then hide them under a blanket!

This thread has reminded me I need to slow cook a gammon as well. I might do that on the 23rd though. I’m working until 2am on Christmas Eve, and then again 2pm to 7pm Christmas Eve so some prep before might be wise.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
. Goodness knows what we will eat. We have two diabetics, one vegan, and one pescatarian.
As the parent and wife of diabetics. One meal/evening really isn’t a problem you need to worry about. It’s not a food related condition. My DD’s celiac causes more meal times headaches for me than her diabetes!
Old 4 Dec 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I do all my meal prep, lay the Xmas table etc during the day then DD comes to ours after work (stays a few nights) and we have a picky supper - a ham, cheeses, sausage rolls, quiche etc and a few drinks and chocs.
This year I'll be sulking if my taste and smell don't come back - 5 weeks and counting!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually go to the cinema, wander around the xmas market and then come home for cheese, biscuits and wine.
Winchester have a panto though 🎉🎉🎉
So I think I’m going to book that (unless it’s sold out)

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List