Notices

Old 24 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 5

Another early wake up around 5.40am, I stayed in bed this morning and DH got up and entertained DS. Around 6.20am he brought me a cup of coffee which woke me up nicely and gave me the kick I needed to get myself out for a run. It was a chilly 7 degrees but very refreshing for a morning run. I went out to the entrance gate and round a few of the villa areas and hopefully will get a chance to get out a few more times while here.

We got our things together and left for magic kingdom around 9.30am, there was a huge backed up queue at the parking booths this morning and it took about 15 minutes to get through. We were fortunate enough to get parked quite near the front of the car park in Peter Pan 211 even though the car park was pretty busy.
There was another huge queue for bag check and then the queue for the monorail was the longest I have ever seen! We decided we'd be better walking along to the Polynesian, sorting out DS with a bottle and getting ourselves an early lunch before getting the monorail along to magic kingdom.
We arrived at the poly and sat in the lobby of grand ceremonial house while DS had some lunch then we walked on over to captain cooks and ordered our lunch.

Dd had the kids hot dog mean with fries, cookie and chocolate milk, she loved a hot dog does the girl.

DH and I both for the Thai coconut meatballs. DH had this last year and raced about it so I had to try it. It was absolutely delicious, there was a hint of heat with it, just perfect and full of flavour.
We got 2 iced waters and added our own squash to them.

Total came to $27.66.

We boarded the monorail and made the quick journey along to the magic kingdom. It was 12.15pm when we arrived and the move it shake it celebrate it parade (if that's what it's still called) was starting shortly so we hung around in front of the castle waiting for it and had a dance to the parade.

The show in front of the castle was on almost straight after this so we watched some of this before making our way up to fantasyland to check in for DDs 1.25 reservation at bibbidi bobbidi boutique.

This is something we have never done before and now that Dd is 6 we felt it was something that needed done sooner rather than later if we were ever going to. She had no idea what we had planned, it was a total surprise. We checked in and had a seat in the waiting area before a fairy godmother came and took us through to the shop area. We had brought a dress with us, it was one I had actually bought of eBay for £8 and was the Aurora dress from the Disney parks so it saved us a huge amount of money, it also came with a pink fluffy shrug from the Disney store which I had brought in case it dropped cooler later. We opted for the crown package at $75. With this they get their hairstyles, make up done, nails done, a sash and a little drawstring bag with all the bits and pieces in. We also bought an extra tiara/crown and a wand. So our total came to $120.
We were taken into a little changing room where there was a magic mirror that did a little show and Dd got changed into the Aurora dress, she was absolutely loving it.
After she was changed we had a short wait until another fairy godmother came and collected us to take us though to the room in the castle where the makeover is done. This part took about 20 minutes and they made a real fuss over all of the girls. Dd was beaming from ear to ear and it was worth every single penny watching how happy she was and how much fun she was having.

After her transformation into a miniature Aurora was complete we went over to the little studio at the back of Sir mickeys and Dd had some photos taken. By now it was time for our fastpass to meet tiana and Rapunzel. Both princesses were great with Dd and were calling her princess.
After meeting the princesses it was time for our fastpass for buzz light year space ranger spin. I was really pleased with my score of over 200k, until DH showed us he managed over 300k.
After Buzz we made our way to the baby care centre to give DS some food and a change.

Dd has been obsessed with Merida for about a year and she is one character/princess we have never actually met, so today was to be that day, we queued and it took about half an hour but we finally met the Scottish princess. The temperature was starting to drop colder by now so we decided we should probably think about heading out and getting something for dinner. We thought we'd have a quick ride on the peoplemover before we left and headed down to Tomorrowland where we were faced with the biggest queue I've ever seen for the peoplemover so sacked off that idea and headed for the exit. The monorail was really busy and there was a huge queue for the express monorail so we decided to take the resort monorail instead. This turned out to be a bad idea as there were only 2 on the resort line and we had just missed one. In the time we were waiting for the next monorail 4 express ones had been and gone and we'd probably have been on one and long gone.

We got back to the car and decided to try millers ale house again for dinner, we could see from the road unfortunately that there was a huge queue out the door so we carried on driving and went to rock n brews over the road, this also had a massive queue out the door so Dd suggested Panda Express as she had really enjoyed it the other day. We got to Panda Express and there was a small queue but it didnt take too long. While waiting we agreed we'd be best getting the food to go and eating back at out apartment.
DH got the big plate with 3 entees and a side. He had firecracker shrimp, king pao chicken and orange chicken with fried rice, we also got an extra side of fried rice.

I had a plate which is 2 entrees and a side and I picked fried rice with orange chicken and Shanghai Angus steak. The orange chicken was as good as the first time I had it, again it had abit of heat to it. The shanghai steak was good but not as good as the chicken, the meat was very tender but just not as much flavour as the rest. The fried rice was very good.

Dd had a side of chow mein and 2 veggie spring rolls, she also had some fried rice and orange chicken from my plate. We asked for a plate to take with us as Dd loved the plates with the sections and the lovely guy serving us was more than happy to give us one, he also threw in a huge handful of fortune cookies.
The total came to just under $26 and there was an absolute mountain of food!
We ate back at the apartment and then put DS to bed before enjoying a few beverages then bed for us.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 24 Feb 20 12:08 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a good day

Joan
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aw, what a memorable day for your DD at BBB! I agree with you about getting it done at that age before they become “too cool” or whatever for princesses. It sounds like it was amazing and worth the $$$.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

A lot of queues for you today. Glad your daughter loved her BBB surprise.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List