Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Feb 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I don't know if the only broker that can do it is Andy but I've never needed to do the STC process with him. Always just used the bar code and done it about five times in the last 3 years

So do you have to use the same CC at the barrier that you've entered in the STC form? And I presume that they still swipe the CC at the barrier?

Mick
Oh no, I don’t think so...to be honest, I use whatever credit card comes up first on my phone’s auto fill and my DH always swipes his amex card for things like this - there’s never any problems. We even used the dreaded debit card one year by mistake but it didn’t matter.

In 2018 I had to hire 4 cars via Brits (for the additional driver) for 8 drivers...by the time we picked up the cars, the 8 drivers had changed which car they wanted to be in 😒 so the OLCI was wrong and the STC was completed for all 4 cars on my CC. It wasn’t a problem at all...each car got to the barrier, handed over the 2 drivers licences and their own CC and nothing was said.

My nerves were gone though
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Oh no, I don’t think so...to be honest, I use whatever credit card comes up first on my phone’s auto fill and my DH always swipes his amex card for things like this - there’s never any problems. We even used the dreaded debit card one year by mistake but it didn’t matter.

In 2018 I had to hire 4 cars via Brits (for the additional driver) for 8 drivers...by the time we picked up the cars, the 8 drivers had changed which car they wanted to be in 😒 so the OLCI was wrong and the STC was completed for all 4 cars on my CC. It wasn’t a problem at all...each car got to the barrier, handed over the 2 drivers licences and their own CC and nothing was said.

My nerves were gone though
That's exactly what I've wondered throughout the whole of this thread - and dozens like it over the years.

What does doing STC as a separate form add to the process of getting through the Alamo barrier? As you say you've used multiple cards with no problem because the guy at the barrier doesn't care how you paid Alamo. Lots of people have multiple credit cards and may only decide which one to use when they sit in the hire car. And as I've said, just like you, I used a DC in error once.

Just printing the bar code has never let us down and from replies to this thread it appears that Brits no longer allow you to print it from the OLCI form. All the more reason that I'll stick with Andy as long as he stays competitive.

Mick
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
There appears to be a number of different ways to complete OLCI and the link to do STTG. My next booking is with AE and completed OLCI and there was no link to complete STTG. My email had the usual bar code and at the bottom under “ Alamo Wayfinding Counter Bypass”
It had
“Thank you for choosing to bypass the counter and go directly to your car!”
So no extra step or to provide CC details.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I so totally lost by all of this 🙄😂
I have booked through Alamo Brits, paid in full.
As it’s our first time driving in the USA should we just go to the kiosk?
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
I so totally lost by all of this 🙄😂
I have booked through Alamo Brits, paid in full.
As it’s our first time driving in the USA should we just go to the kiosk?
If you can't use the OLCI form that's been linked on this thread a few times and get to a bar code (see example in post #65) then yes you'll need to go to one of the Alamo terminal desks on level 1 on side A or B.

Just be firm and polite if they try to sell you any upgrade or extra insurance that you don't need.

Garage B is nearest to gates 70-99 where all UK direct flights land and best for the 417. Garage A is best if you've done the VS baggage transfer and also nearest to 528 north

Mick

PS As it's your first time driving did you know there's a DIBB guide to driving over there? Apologies for a little self promotion but I have added to it and edited recently.

Edited at 12:09 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Thanks Mick, I have indeed, sent the link to hubby too as he will be doing the majority of driving! x
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's exactly what I've wondered throughout the whole of this thread - and dozens like it over the years.

What does doing STC as a separate form add to the process of getting through the Alamo barrier? As you say you've used multiple cards with no problem because the guy at the barrier doesn't care how you paid Alamo. Lots of people have multiple credit cards and may only decide which one to use when they sit in the hire car. And as I've said, just like you, I used a DC in error once.

Just printing the bar code has never let us down and from replies to this thread it appears that Brits no longer allow you to print it from the OLCI form. All the more reason that I'll stick with Andy as long as he stays competitive.

Mick
Suspect from my own experience plus comments on here that the problem is with bookings made through brits during a certain period - new bookings seem to be fine. I booked September / October time.

I did check Andy for my trip but he's a fair bit more expensive for my needs .
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fl-veteran View Post
Suspect from my own experience plus comments on here that the problem is with bookings made through brits during a certain period - new bookings seem to be fine. I booked September / October time.

I did check Andy for my trip but he's a fair bit more expensive for my needs .
I'm having the same issue and I booked through Brits in November...it seems to work for some and not for others.
I'm blaming the update Alamo did on their site recently...
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
any update on this? having the same issue? anyone got asked to show guide?
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I've just done a friends who's joking us at the villa went in through Alamo insiders did on line check in and skip the counter no problem
Booking was made with Brits might be worth a try
Again had to pay now rather than pick up,
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List