Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

When I first booked the flights I used the virgin text service. I asked if my booking included baggage & he said it did. Do you think I could use this to get some money off?
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by belle&tink View Post
When I first booked the flights I used the virgin text service. I asked if my booking included baggage & he said it did. Do you think I could use this to get some money off?
I did exactly the same and have the text from them confirming I’m in classic and have the luggage included. Think that’s before they spotted the glitch. I’ll certainly produce that text at the airport when they try to charge as it’s a good bargaining chip.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AirNurse
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I booked this glitch as well (to be fair, in reverse as I'm based in Florida ), and had a DM exchange with a rep via Twitter confirming that we were booked in to Economy Classic and thus entitled to free checked bags. Hopefully they will honor that, as well as the way my booking appears on the VS website, as including one piece of checked luggage per person. We are only planning on checking one bag, so at least the financial implication isn't too bad.

Edited at 09:44 PM.
AirNurse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re at Gatwick and flying in the morning. Has anyone got recent experience of travelling on the AF codeshare. I’m expecting to have to pay for bags but hoping that we don’t.
Old 7 Feb 20, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We didn’t end up paying. But that’s because an ESTA glitch caused a lot of confusion and I think they thought it was related to that glitch. We didn’t argue! Fully suspect they will charge us on the way home! X
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
We’re at Gatwick and flying in the morning. Has anyone got recent experience of travelling on the AF codeshare. I’m expecting to have to pay for bags but hoping that we don’t.
We are not flying for a few more days so i cant help im afraid, but would be great if you let us know how you get on!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Few days left here too. Ive have money put aside to take two hold bags, hoping not to pay, but im expecting it x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
I did exactly the same and have the text from them confirming I’m in classic and have the luggage included. Think that’s before they spotted the glitch. I’ll certainly produce that text at the airport when they try to charge as it’s a good bargaining chip.
I would not bet on your chances

Checkin £45 per bag please
Nth I have a text saying it’s free
Checkin you booked economy light
Nth yes but I have a text
Checkin you booked economy light and you were aware that this did not include luggage ?
Nth yes but I have a text
Checkin £45 per bag please
People in queue behind tutting.

I am super tight but also fair, if you get it on for free great but don’t embarrass your self by trying to bargain on a text it makes you look cheap and you know it is not right.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Mobile

We needed to pay which is fair. Bags were £42.50 each. Still happy as we are waiting to board and will be in Florida in 11 hours
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by philinmerthyr View Post
We needed to pay which is fair. Bags were £42.50 each. Still happy as we are waiting to board and will be in Florida in 11 hours
Thanks for the update. Have a great flight / holiday!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List