Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 1 Dec 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

All of these delivery companies are the same! I regularly have parcels just left on my doorstep! 😤
Old 3 Dec 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Well, I can see the problem re the box size.

This thread prompted me to check out offerings on The Disney Store. I fell in love with a small Olaf kitten from Frozen and thought I have just the person in mind who will love this. I like that you can have their names embroidered on, too.

I added a couple of gift bags and boxes.

Luckily they came in a timely manner with Hermes who is very good in my area these days (long may it last).

The size of the box was an eye-opener. It was a shortish lady who delivered it and it overwhelmed her, it was MASSIVE! A good 80% empty space. This seems to be par for the course this year, what's going on?

They then fill the empty space with brown paper, I suspect I had a roll to my self.

Did the dolls turn up okay, OP?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Nope still not turned up.

Disney’s response is to wait for a high level team.

So annoyed. They have £90 of my money and I do not have anything to show for it.

I just don’t expect this from them. What I expected was if hermes says the box is too big get another courier. But now it’s gone back to the warehouse and I have to wait for an update.

In the meantime these could sell out or anything.
Maybe I should just save myself the £90 and not bother.

Not really sure how to explain this to a 4 year old next week though. Was hoping she had forgotten but she was talking about them on Sunday.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hopefully, those dolls have your name on them and will stay allocated to you.

Maybe they'll put them into a box more fitting to their size and they'll be shipped back out stat.

I'll keep my fingers crossed let us know when and if they arrive.
Old 11 Dec 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

So I have just received a response from the complaints team

They have said that they have resent the item by express delivery which will be with me today or tomorrow.

This was originally supposed to be delivered on 19th November.

It’s for my youngest birthday at the weekend.

The response from Disney was that this was the best they could do. Nothing else is to be offered for the two times wasted they said to be in for the delivery, nor the time I wasted on chats to get them to re send this as they weren’t contacting me nor the fact that it’s over three weeks wait since original delivery date.

Do you think this acceptable or would you complain again.

I’m so poorly that I can’t be bothered but at the same time I’m mad that all of this could have been avoided as Disney obviously knew the size of their item and they should have sent it with their courier correctly.

And all this is assuming I actually get it this week
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Surprise surprise

Hermes can’t deliver the item as it’s too big

Are Disney store Uk stupid?

I specifically asked them on a chat what are they doing differently so that the same thing does not occur again and they said they have sent it with a different team within hermes that deal with large items.

They obviously haven’t.

So they think it’s acceptable to repeat the same mistake.

Amount of money we spend on Disney and they can’t even get delivery right.

At this point I don’t think they are bothered that my daughter will be upset this weekend when she doesn’t get the one thing she asked for.

They have held my money for three weeks.

I’m thinking I should cut my loses and just get my money back.

So disappointed
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

It's a shame. I think this is Disney's fault for sending out boxes that are many, many times larger than the contents, I've seen this a lot this year from other outlets. I can't understand the logic behind this, the waste is obscene.

I ordered a small Olaf cat, a small gift box, a larger one and that came in a box big enough to bury me in. The amount of packing to fill the dead space was beyond belief.
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
It's a shame. I think this is Disney's fault for sending out boxes that are many, many times larger than the contents, I've seen this a lot this year from other outlets. I can't understand the logic behind this, the waste is obscene.

I ordered a small Olaf cat, a small gift box, a larger one and that came in a box big enough to bury me in. The amount of packing to fill the dead space was beyond belief.
I’m really fed up with it.

They told me they re sent it so not to “inconvenience” which annoys me greatly as it would have been better had they just sent it correctly.

Tried to do a chat and I was 42 in the queue.

I don’t think they give a monkeys
Old 11 Dec 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post

42 in the queue? You aren't the only one they've let down, then.

No one can say you didn't try. I'm sorry your daughter is going to be disappointed is there a plan B in terms of something else?
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cuxi View Post
42 in the queue? You aren't the only one they've let down, then.

No one can say you didn't try. I'm sorry your daughter is going to be disappointed is there a plan B in terms of something else?
She has a normal baby doll. She absolutely loves puzzles and building so she’s got a Minnie Mouse birthday duplo and a Disney jigsaw.

Everything is Disney in our house it seems.

So she’s only got 3 presents now and some sweets which she won’t be able to eat unless she gets better soon.