Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 1 Dec 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Balsam Xmas tree - worth it?

We need a new artificial Christmas tree this year but I’m struggling to find one I like (don’t like any of the ones in the shops (Argos, Tesco’s etc.)

Has to be bushy & well filled but with the branches strong enough to hold my bigger glass Disney baubles. All ideally for £100

I’ve looked at the ones on Balsam Hill and there’s one at £119 (or £169 pre lit) I’m just unsure about buying one online

Does anyone have any recommendations or experience of Balsam trees?

Thanks

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween

Edited at 08:04 PM.
Flojo224 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
Mobile

We bought one last year and have been very pleased. We bought an unlit one. It’s been in the garage all year and went up perfectly today. We always had real trees before buying one from Balsam Hill, it was so much expense we decided to invest in an artificial tree. We have some heavy decorations and they are fine.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

We have a balsam hill tree, it is exactly as it was advertised.
Old 1 Dec 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

We have a Balsam tree a Silverado slim. We got it two,years ago and, so far have been really pleased with it. It really does look like a real tree, and we’ve had lots of comments from, visitors about how realistic it is. It wasn’t cheap, but then neither were the real trees we’d bought in recent years. We have our tree in the hall as where our stairs turn we have a 10 foot high space where the tree goes. The one we got doesn’t have lights, and to be honest if I got another one now, I would probably get one with lights prefitted.

We looked at lots of artificial trees when we got this one, and I do think this was one of the best we’d seen.
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzy1
Excited about Disney

Also, I would recommend pre lit. So much easier than fighting with a tangle of lights each year - but then again, I'm probably just lazy!
dizzy1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
Mobile

I do agree with 5gotodisney I think pre lit is the way to go - after struggling with our lights this morning!

Comes with a good storage bag too.
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 5gotodisney View Post
We have a Balsam tree a Silverado slim. We got it two,years ago and, so far have been really pleased with it. It really does look like a real tree, and we’ve had lots of comments from, visitors about how realistic it is. It wasn’t cheap, but then neither were the real trees we’d bought in recent years. We have our tree in the hall as where our stairs turn we have a 10 foot high space where the tree goes. The one we got doesn’t have lights, and to be honest if I got another one now, I would probably get one with lights prefitted.

We looked at lots of artificial trees when we got this one, and I do think this was one of the best we’d seen.
I'm really glad to see this post as I ordered a Silverado slim yesterday. We have gone for pre-lit too. I had thought they were expensive but it wasn't too much more than the one we saw in B and Q which I didn't want cos it looked like it had snow on.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12

This is our 3rd year with ours, easy pre lit 6ft from balsam hill. Love it.

Edited at 08:17 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

They are beautiful but expensive. I’d love one but can’t justify the price.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I knew I was going to struggle with our trees and particularly the lights so I bought a pre-lit 9’ Fraser fir from BH this week. It arrived on Friday and I am really impressed. Not putting it up yet but I’ve had a good look and it’s very realistic
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List