Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Dec 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love the smell of the tree so will keep it up as long as possible!

It’s likely to come down on the 4th this year though as we have DD’s birthday party on the 5th and need the space in the house for people!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Its normally new years day for us or 2nd Jan. I haven’t stoped eating long enough today to think about doing anything else lol
Same for us. Boxing Day is a second Xmas day for us. Been out for more food and with family all day and just got back and collapsed into bed. No time for anything else. We then have everyone over on New Year's Eve so I'll start taking stuff down on 1st.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I think it's quite sad that Christmas day is seen as 'the end' for some people. The traditional celebration of feasting, family and light which was then 'borrowed' by Christianity celebrates the longer day length commencing after the solstice. The Christian festival has many of these elements included in their celebrations over several days ending in the Epiphany.

Decorating the house far earlier than these events just seems like a festival of shopping and consumerism to me - the essence of the celebrations are starting now, not ending. If you're 'bored' of how the house looks because the decorations have been up for weeks, try waiting until closer to the festivals to celebrate. There is much more to Christmas than shopping in September, decorating in November and a Christmas dinner on 25th. Hope this makes sense, alcohol may have been consumed.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think mine will be coming down on Sunday, easiest day for us to take them down. DH works nights so it has to be on a weekend and I want to’ relax next weekend as it will be back to work after on the Monday after my op.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It's become our tradition to take them down on new years day. We are all tired and a bit grumpy after the late night so we keep ourselves busy by taking all the decs down and having a good clean. It's not fun but it looks lovely once it's done.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I normally take mine down before new year, not decided precisely when I’m going to do them this year.
Old 27 Dec 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

We are just taking ours down now...I usually take it down about 28/29th as I like it back to normal by New Year. DH is in a right strop about it though as he wanted to keep it up but as we are visiting my parents tomorrow for the day and I’m at work Sun/Mon/Tues night it would have meant keeping them up until 2/3rd January which is too late for me lol 😂
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I've just taken mine down and hooved the house (Friday), however I have just piled everything at the top of the stairs for DH to put up in the loft when he gets home.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My wife took all ours down today (Friday) and the lounge feels so bare😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mine will stay up until after New Year's Day. I actually can't believe people are taking trees down already. Mind you I can't believe how early some go up either. I think I'm showing my age now! And no one could ever call me house proud!

Edited at 08:36 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List