Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Ladies... is anyone on Oestrogel... Menopause & Cancer

Today I saw my Cancer Surgeon who I see every 6 months. She is very pleased but was disturbed to hear our badly I am suffering on the Menopause I told her I was worried about HRT and she said that I needed hormones and HRT would be okay as the Cancer I had was Ovarian Germ Cell Cancer and would not be related to anything else.

So she has prescribed Oestrogel for 3 weeks with a trip to the doctors to talk to him and carry on treatment.

I must say I am a little scared about the Breast Cancer risk, but she seemed to have no concern, neither did my Oncologist. Just to feel normal again, I really want to try this and will start tomorrow.

Anyone on this HRT, how soon will I see results, how are you getting on with it.

Thanks for any help. xxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x

Edited at 07:56 PM.
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I used it for about 6 months then went back on a tablet, it wasn’t strong enough to keep my joint pains at bay, but it is supposed to be better for anyone worried about cancer as it is not ingested
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
I used it for about 6 months then went back on a tablet, it wasn’t strong enough to keep my joint pains at bay, but it is supposed to be better for anyone worried about cancer as it is not ingested
Thank you for that dotb. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Is it a gel or patches?

I think the argument is they are only replacing what you should have anyway so no added risk.

Edited at 08:34 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Is it a gel or patches?

I think the argument is they are only replacing what you should have anyway so no added risk.
Having the gel, they are monitoring me, I may at some point need the male hormone too... for Libido...…
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Having the gel, they are monitoring me, I may at some point need the male hormone too... for Libido...…
Do you need progesterone too to counter it or have you had a hysterectomy?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have no advice what so ever but just wanted wish you well and hope you get sorted soon. This menopause business is no joke. I actually fell out with my husband because I have told him to read up about it. He thinks I am over exaggerating and if he says ‘why are you in such a bad mood again’ I will literally scream after being woken up every hour, sweating like crazy then shivering because I have thrown the bedding off me.
Take care 💕 sending a big hug 🤗
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Do you need progesterone too to counter it or have you had a hysterectomy?
Everything had to be taken away. x
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I have no advice what so ever but just wanted wish you well and hope you get sorted soon. This menopause business is no joke. I actually fell out with my husband because I have told him to read up about it. He thinks I am over exaggerating and if he says ‘why are you in such a bad mood again’ I will literally scream after being woken up every hour, sweating like crazy then shivering because I have thrown the bedding off me.
Take care 💕 sending a big hug 🤗
I was a laughing stock on Sunday, we took the dogs out, I wore a strappy top whilst everyone was in coats, hats and scarves, it was freezing for hubby, yet I was like a furnace. So many comments... like are you not cold... I always say, its my age and hope with this new thing I will get back to normal as soon as I can. xx
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
I was a laughing stock on Sunday, we took the dogs out, I wore a strappy top whilst everyone was in coats, hats and scarves, it was freezing for hubby, yet I was like a furnace. So many comments... like are you not cold... I always say, its my age and hope with this new thing I will get back to normal as soon as I can. xx
Mine never last this long so I am constantly either adding or subtracting jumpers etc. I felt I was going to pass out in Walmart yesterday, no-one else seemed hot and I was using my shopping list as a fan!