Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kook
Getting to know the DIBB

Air France / Virgin economy light Baggage

I booked an air france / virgin code share flight for Feb 2020. There was a glitch where you booked economy light when it transferred over to Virgin it showed as Economy Classic and you could book seats. However the baggage on the tickets is showing as 0 items.

I was just texting Virgin to get confirmation on baggage and they said I need to book baggage on Air France. However reading these forums, some people say I can just turn up at check in at Virgin and pay for luggage there. Also Virgin website mentions if booked on a code share then virgin atlantic baggage policy applies.

Is the information they gave me wrong? Thanks
kook is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Apologies I can't help - but I booked that glitch too and have a question.

When i log in to my booking, I can see the "economy classic". I have booked seats.

When i click luggage it shows me the luggage policy.

Where are you looking and it says zero baggage?
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kook
Getting to know the DIBB

I received an email for each ticket in September from itinerary@amadeus.com, and in the email it says
BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE: 0PC
It looks like we got the seat bookings, but not the baggage which is fine it was only a bonus so it looks like the loop hole is closed. However I'm really unsure how to book luggage as getting differing information.
kook is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Just had a look at our ticket and it says the same.

Not quite sure what to do with this. We have the seat bookings. So I'm not sure whether to be asking about the baggage and risk they then spot the seats. Or keep quiet and turn up, hope for the best. Or go with original plan of just taking hand luggage, maybe 1 case and then paying for that 1 case on the day if we have to.

Dilemma.

Edit: Think I'm just going to wait till check in to see if it lets me check in luggage...

Edited at 10:54 PM.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

We booked the same offer. My view is to check in and hope all is ok. We have booked seats and have upgraded on return to seats in the bubble. We are travelling on 7th Feb.

It would be good to get feedback from any travelling earlier.
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Also in the same boat - think I'll take a screenshot of the virgin page that shows classic. If I have to pay I will though, the flights were a bargain!
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

These days you don’t need a ticket. My booking on the Virgin website shows my ticket as economy classic with my seat bookings. I’ll be printing that to take to check in.

If you ask for confirmation there is more chance that the glitch on your ticket will be corrected in my view.
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

We are the same. We travel on the 6th and ours says we have the classic. We are only taking two cases so will hope for the best. If not then I will just accept it and pay as I was expecting to pay when I booked.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ukitr
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Conflicting information between airlines. My infant is also missing on VA but appear on AF?
ukitr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m sad to report but they do know you have no bags. We travelled on the ‘glitch’ back in November and virgins system showed we had to pay. You may get lucky with a nice supervisor who will override the baggage fees but don’t count on it!
This loophole is another one that has been closed! (Although seat booking is fine &#128077
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List