Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Feb 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

AA chnaged flight AGAIN meaning I would miss my connection

I normally book with BA, but this time I booked with AA as they were slightly cheaper.

I am flying indirect. Since booking, AA have changed my inbound flight meaning I would miss my connection. I called them up to sort this out and it was sorted no problems.

However, they have now changed my outbound flight, meaning I would miss my connection.

Is this common with AA? It would put me off booking with them again. They didn't send me an email to let me know it had changed. I just happened to log in and I found out. I'm not sure what would have happened if I hadn't have checked until the day before I fly. Seats would have been limited then on other routes.

BA have changed my flight times before by about 10 minutes, but not by so much that I would be missing connections. I also received notification from BA if something had changed.

Is it common for AA to make such changes without telling me?
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dream bigger View Post
I normally book with BA, but this time I booked with AA as they were slightly cheaper.

I am flying indirect. Since booking, AA have changed my inbound flight meaning I would miss my connection. I called them up to sort this out and it was sorted no problems.

However, they have now changed my outbound flight, meaning I would miss my connection.

Is this common with AA? It would put me off booking with them again. They didn't send me an email to let me know it had changed. I just happened to log in and I found out. I'm not sure what would have happened if I hadn't have checked until the day before I fly. Seats would have been limited then on other routes.

BA have changed my flight times before by about 10 minutes, but not by so much that I would be missing connections. I also received notification from BA if something had changed.

Is it common for AA to make such changes without telling me?
Yes this is a very common occurrence with AA and has happened to me more than once.

I suggest you have a good look at what flights you would prefer and phone and speak to AA to see if they can change them for you.

Edited at 03:16 PM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Mobile

Delta do the same.
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

And Aer Lingus as well
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

They all do it.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Don't be surprised if it moves again.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

They all do it

I always ring up with my ideal flights and try my luck. You may end up on a direct flight if you ask for it.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

If it evens things out, BA cancelled my return flight and then moved the new one too.

Do you research before you speak to them and ask for exactly what you would like, and also have a more realistic option in the wings.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

My sister has had the exact same problems with AA for her flights over Easter. She rang them last week after they’d changed their flights again for the 4th time and they’ve now put her on BA direct flights for no additional charge on the way out and back! Definitely fight your corner x
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

BA did this to us worked well in the end
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List