Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Feb 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

WOW ! The speed in which ‘ Rise’ boarding passes become unavailable

Right so today curiosity got the better of me so I decided to do a little research on just how fast the days allocation of Rise of the Resistance Boarding and Stand By Boarding Passes went.
As I am not yet in Orlando was going to see how long the App would let me click the ‘ Join a Boarding Group , button.
Found a nice quiet corner with good coverage and at exactly 1pm ( 8am in Orlando ) my app refreshed and I was able to click to join a boarding group ... great . I closed the app and reopened instantly and was still able to join a group
I then closed the app for a 2nd time and again re opened instantly and the ‘ join a boarding group ‘ button was now greyed out saying all groups for the day had been allocated
I checked the stopwatch on my Apple Watch and it was 13.00 and 34 seconds ... so the entire allocation was gone in just 34 SECONDS !
I was stunned ! I mean I know this is a hot ticket but WOW...
So anyone going I wish you so much luck , and hopefully for myself too and DH when we fly out in May ... it’s total insanity !
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

WOW! I really hope its easier when I am ready to try my hand lol
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

I don’t think we stand a chance!
TINKERBELL44 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TINKERBELL44 View Post
I don’t think we stand a chance!
Honestly neither do I 😪
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pobbypaws
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are there today. We were in the park for 7:30am and ready with fingers poised on the app for 8am. Pressed ‘join boarding group’ immediately it became available - and within a few seconds it told me we’d been unsuccessful but in a reserve group. Was disappointed but when we went back into the app it said we were in a reserve group 49 with guarantees of riding up to group 47. It’s now 11:50 in Florida and we’ve just been called! Very exciting and glad we didn’t leave the park!
Pobbypaws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Right so today curiosity got the better of me so I decided to do a little research on just how fast the days allocation of Rise of the Resistance Boarding and Stand By Boarding Passes went.
As I am not yet in Orlando was going to see how long the App would let me click the ‘ Join a Boarding Group , button.
Found a nice quiet corner with good coverage and at exactly 1pm ( 8am in Orlando ) my app refreshed and I was able to click to join a boarding group ... great . I closed the app and reopened instantly and was still able to join a group
I then closed the app for a 2nd time and again re opened instantly and the ‘ join a boarding group ‘ button was now greyed out saying all groups for the day had been allocated
I checked the stopwatch on my Apple Watch and it was 13.00 and 34 seconds ... so the entire allocation was gone in just 34 SECONDS !
I was stunned ! I mean I know this is a hot ticket but WOW...
So anyone going I wish you so much luck , and hopefully for myself too and DH when we fly out in May ... it’s total insanity !
Wow. I had thought about doing that too, but I always forget and miss the time. I think we will give it a total miss in April.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Pobbypaws View Post
We are there today. We were in the park for 7:30am and ready with fingers poised on the app for 8am. Pressed ‘join boarding group’ immediately it became available - and within a few seconds it told me we’d been unsuccessful but in a reserve group. Was disappointed but when we went back into the app it said we were in a reserve group 49 with guarantees of riding up to group 47. It’s now 11:50 in Florida and we’ve just been called! Very exciting and glad we didn’t leave the park!
Yay have a great time

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pobbypaws View Post
That’s amazing well done 😀😀. Hope you have the best time
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Wow. I had thought about doing that too, but I always forget and miss the time. I think we will give it a total miss in April.
It really is total insanity and will make any Hollywood Studios day very stressful . I thought I liked the idea of the virtual queue etc but this system has just got too crazy . I would much prefer it changing to how they manage FOP... or make it stand by only. At least that way anyone willing to wait how ever many hours will get a chance to ride.
Atm you could try every day of your holiday and still not get to ride , but others might get multiple chances. Seems very unfair now .
Old 19 Feb 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I'm confused as I thought you had to be in the park to join a boarding group.