Notices

Old 26 Dec 15, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Want to book a cookout - where you go on a trail and then have a meal around a campfire. Will have to keep checking everyday from Jan 1st. as they sell out.

Whereabouts do they do them?
They sound fun.
Are they on Xanterra?
Old 3 Jan 16, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

So - got confirmed resrvation for the cookout yesterday for 7th July. We opted for the covered wagons. I haven't ridden a horse since I was 18. Prefer comfort these days.

"The coffee’s brewin’ over the open campfire, and our wranglers love talkin’ your ears off over a strong “cup o’ Joe!” When we ring the “dinner bell”, you’ll line up for real western beef steaks cooked to order, our signature Roosevelt Baked Beans, potato salad, coleslaw, cornbread muffins, and fruit crisp. And if all this is not enough, you’ll find your boots tappin’ to old western songs sung by our singin’ cowboy. You may have come here as a city slicker, but you’ll go back as a regular cowpoke!"

Note you can't book right off. You have to submit request and they will come back and confirm if available:

yellowstonenationalparklo...inner-cookout/

Yee hah! I can't wait.

For details see:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Sounds like an amazing trip you have planned! Yellowstone has been on my bucket list for years, I will get there someday 😁
Looking forward to reading your trip report, I've loved reading all your others
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Geoffa. Sounds like a fab trip. Just wondering. Are you spending any time in Jackson Hole/Grand Tetons? It's just that there's an awful lot to see and do in that area as well.
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pavilion1983
Imagineer

Sounds Lovely
Pavilion1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Hi Geoffa. Sounds like a fab trip. Just wondering. Are you spending any time in Jackson Hole/Grand Tetons? It's just that there's an awful lot to see and do in that area as well.
We are staying two nights in Jackson Hole area and will be in the Grand Tetons on 4th July.
Old 24 Mar 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are staying two nights in Jackson Hole area and will be in the Grand Tetons on 4th July.
Great! We were there in Aug 14. Loved the whole area, absolutely gorgeous. From Jackson Hole (aka 'I use antlers in all of my decorating' ) we did mountain trips, river trips, rodeo, museum, cowboy saloons etc but the best experience was the private wildlife tour we did with a local guide.

One thing that did surprise us was how cold it was in Yellowstone. We actually had to defrost our car in the mornings.

Also, watch out for traffic rangers in Yellowstone. We saw them 'ticketing' speedsters several times!
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

So we have decided that there is no way we are going to pay $600 each for a 90 minute flight to Jackson Hole from Denver. Plus they want extra luggage charges on top. So that part of the journey will be by road split over 3 days. The first day will see us head out from Denver towards Cheyenne and then Laramie (yes, where the fort was) ending up in Elk Mountain. 192 miles. It has one hotel run by a couple of Brits and it is exceptional. I won't spoil it with pictures now - wait and see. The second day will see us wend our way from Elk Mountain to Rock Springs - 153 miles and then on the third day we'll be doing Rock Springs to Jackson Hole - 179 miles - staying at the Painted Buffalo Inn. We had originally booked the Rustic Inn but with a bill for $650 for a couple of nights we decided it was way too much and cancelled. The cheeky so and sos took ALL the money now (10 months in advance) unlike other establishments that just hold your card number. They'd better be quick refunding that $650.
I think a drive of 2 1/2 to 3 hours a day is more than enough for Darrin. I don't drive. It means we can idle our way to our destinations and enjoy the scenery and little towns along the way. We may never go that way again so we want to soak it in. 524 miles of pure America.

We are staying in the Painted Buffalo too

Hope it is nice
Old 22 Apr 16, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We've changed our accommodation in Jackson Hole. We went off the Painted Buffalo. Darrin being Darrin we went to the other extreme. We will now be at the Wyoming Inn.
I've "gen'd" up on 4th July celebrations in Jackson. Fireworks are at 10p.m.

Edited at 07:49 PM.
Old 22 May 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds a great trip, enjoy Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, we thought they were amazing and would love to go back one day. Look forward to your report
katiebaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List