Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Oct 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile OKW v Yacht Club

We’re booked into the Yacht club next August for 5 nights but have seen 1 bed villas become available at OKW. We’re here now and at FQ, and the kids will be 14 & 12 next year and the thought of us all being in one room again fills me with fear 😂 OKW is £300 cheaper than YC and the prospect of having that little bit of extra space is very appealing. Whilst the location of YC is lovely, we love the boat to DS from FQ, which we would get at OKW. Just wondering if anyone would change from the YC? It’s lovely, and I don’t know much about OKW, what are the pros and cons of staying here? Other than the larger room?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It’s a completely different feel to the resort. It’s very open and you park your car outside your villa. The one bedroom is spacious but the second bed is in the living area on a sofa bed. Now if you stretched to a 2 bed villa you will have loads of space.
In the one bed there is full kitchen, living room, split bathroom one half has a whirlpool bath and the other a shower. You have a laundry room. Lovely balcony. I love the resort but I am biased as I own there 😊
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We've stayed at OKW twice, and Beach Club once (last year).

We really liked the Beach Club, however, for us personally, we'd rank OKW above it for our preferences.

We've booked POR for next year (5 rooms for 12 of us) but would really like to switch to 2x 2 beds at OKW. The boat to Disney Springs is something we really missed last year at BC, and didn't make the best use of the closeness to Epcot, as it really isn't our favourite park, and F&W busyness made it not pleasant in the evenings.

So, to answer your question, yes, we'd switch from YC to OKW
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Okw great space and that extra privacy for us makes it a easy choice for us, we also like the easy access to DS for the food options
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have stayed at yacht club twice (when children were under 8) and OKW three times as they hit older. I love yacht club and if it was just me and my husband, that would be my choice. However, with two teenagers OKW 1 bed is my choice every time. It is massive - a two bed would be overkill In my opinion. The sofa beds are really good, not uncomfortable cheap ones. Having separate sleeping spaces is invaluable. Also the bathroom is in two sections so someone can be in the shower, while someone else is doing hair/makeup etc in the other bit. We also found the utility from really useful, as extra storage and getting dressed room as well as for laundry. Oh and obviously, the two teenagers do not have to share a bed which is not something mine wish to do 😂😂
Themousefamily is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

For your situation I would go for OKW. The extra space is great but the beds in the lounge area will be a double sofa bed and a single chair bed. The only dwnside we found was the lack of a good quick service, having said that Olivias was great if you want TS and you have easy access to DS.
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post

We are two adults and stayed at Yacht Club this year, loved it. But next year we have the one bedroom villa at OKW. This is because DH sometimes snores and so I can chuck him out onto the sofa.

In your situation, I would most definitely change to OKW. I would prefer the YC location but I think the benefits of OKW, including space, full kitchen, washing machine etc, outweigh that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Ordinarily I’d have said YC but reading your post I’d say OKW may be better suited for your needs 😊
I can’t imagine you’ll be disappointed with either.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

We’re in the same predicament only my two will be 18 & 22 when we go. We stayed in OKW last time in a 1 bed and had such an amazing time. Hubby and I have discussed it, and as much as we loved OKW we’ve decided to stick to the YC. We decided being near to Epcot and Hollywood Studio’s appeals to us and the children, as well as being close to Boardwalk. We’re also planning a relaxing day in the resort and round the pool. Plus staying at YC has been a dream for years, and I’m worried after our stay at OKW last time we might be disappointed.

I can absolutely recommend staying at OKW though.

Edited at 09:11 PM.
Wozi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I own DVC. You can't go wrong with either. Love OKW but the Epcot resorts are the best.
The equivalent to an OKW 1 bed (a bit smaller) is the 1 bed Villa at Beach Club or Boardwalk. Whilst I love OKW, the latter two are better in my view.
I would rather stop in a 1 bed at OKW though than a studio at Yacht or Beach Club with a family, due to all the added space.
Cheapest way to book 1 beds at Beach Club or Boardwalk is often renting DVC points.