Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 11 Sep 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
banjax
Looking for my Ears

Picking Up Tickets at WDW

Thinking of buying tickets direct from the UK website.

Does anybody have any experience of what is required to do the pick up.

I'm following my wife and daughter by a day so if I use my credit card to book will she need it and/or ID or does the will call email suffice?

thx
banjax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TheRobsters
Getting Excited

Mobile

If you mean the Disney website, then they will be mailed out to your home address.
They will then need to be linked to My Disney experience, then allowing you to book all necessary fast passes.
TheRobsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TheRobsters View Post
If you mean the Disney website, then they will be mailed out to your home address.
They will then need to be linked to My Disney experience, then allowing you to book all necessary fast passes.
The Disney UK website doesn't mail out tickets. It will send a Will Call email and then you have to pick the tickets up at a ticket desk or guest services. Unless the OP already has old MagicBands, in which case they can use those instead.

I think you need to have the credit card used to buy the tickets and ID when picking up the tickets but I'm not sure. I would check on Disney's website but I seem to be having internet troubles at the moment.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We did this last December. Took the printed email with us to the ticket window on our first park (ours happened to be Epcot, but you can do this at any park), IDs as well, and the lady there loaded the actual tickets onto our Magic Bands. We all did it together at the same time though, it was very easy and didn't take more than 10 minutes - not sure how it'd work if your family did it a day earlier than you! They might be able to get it done for you and be able to hand you your MagicBand the next day, ready to go?
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cherryred72
Proud to wear my Ears

We've picked up at Disney Springs as we were staying off site. Lovely gentle first day. Meal at Disney Springs & then collect from Guest Services there.
cherryred72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Do you just need ID for the lead person on booking?
Don’t fancy having 4 passports with us
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I believe it's just the person listed on the Will Call confirmation email that needs to show photo ID (not everyone) when picking up the tickets.

Note that if there's a problem scanning someone's fingerprint at the entrance or a problem with their ticket then that individual may need to show photo ID at the turnstiles. But this is very unusual.

A little more info: The Will Call ticket order can be picked at any Theme Park ticket booth including water parks, at any Guest Relations location including the one at Disney Springs, or at any Disney resort lobby concierge.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We’ve just got back and picked up our tickets at Epcot will call ticket desk.
The CM wanted my passport ID and the CC I paid with as the lead person on the booking.
She then wanted ID for everyone else - especially the child ticket.
So I guess it may depend on the CM.
I would take ID for everyone just in case. Perhaps a photocopy would do and just the original for lead person?
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kempydee View Post
We’ve just got back and picked up our tickets at Epcot will call ticket desk.
The CM wanted my passport ID and the CC I paid with as the lead person on the booking.
She then wanted ID for everyone else - especially the child ticket.
So I guess it may depend on the CM.
I would take ID for everyone just in case. Perhaps a photocopy would do and just the original for lead person?
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

I wonder what the CM would have done if you were an American family? American children are unlikely to have any form of photo ID, and probably wouldn’t have brought it with them even if they did have something. Imagine going to a theme park here in the UK and the person selling the tickets asking for photo ID from everyone.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

We booked via the UK Disney site and you get an Email with a number on it to add to Disney my experience app so you can book fast passes etc. You could buy magic bands and link them to your account if you don't have any. We got ours free and collecting them from Disney Springs but I was the lead and had to show passport as well as receipt. We didn't bother collecting our actual park tickets.

Why not book on her credit card to be safe or get her a supplement card on your credit card account?
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List