Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Oct 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Ideas for a 4.5hr Layover inbound to U.K. at Boston airport

Hi our flights home are indirect via Boston, the flight times have changed since booking so now we have 4.5 hrs to kill.
Definitely having a relaxed evening meal before the second leg was always part of the plan but ive had a random idea about leaving the airport too! Is this sensible, more hassle than it's worth?
Looking for food suggestions either at airport or in Boston too!
Grateful for your help as always!
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Bear in mind that you might not leave orlando on time and that for an international flight going out of Boston you should allow 3 hours prior to departure for clearing security etc.

Your 4.5 could easily drop to a couple of hours due to inclement weather at Orlando, personally i think food in the departure lounge is as much as you'll get to see at Boston.
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Be aware you could get the T from the airport into Boston but check the time it takes .. from memory I think it was about half and hour
I wouldn’t advise on getting a cab or Uber as the traffic in Boston can be crazy , it’s not like Florida with nice clear roads central Boston and outskirts from the airport the roads are rough and crowded.
I think by the time you land and get off the plane go to your gate etc you would be pushing for two hours wait.
Also take into account when you are going as Boston weather can be brutal .. it was still very cold in April this year and last thanksgiving was -18 believe me we tried walking in it and gave up ( that was unusual weather it’s not usually that cold but it does get pretty chilly .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Lets say arrive in Boston on time. You disembark the flight, 15 minutes. Get through the airport to taxis, 15 minutes. Taxi into Boston, 30 minutes. Get some food somewhere, an hour. Back in a taxi to airport, 30 minutes. That's 2.5 hours gone assuming no delays. Absolutely no chance would I consider doing that for the sake of 'seeing Boston' for an hour.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Boston airport is one of the very closest to the city centre of any I know. I still agree with everyone one else that you don't have enough time to safely visit it.
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have recently visited Boston. I would go for something very nearby.. and free, providing you land at Logan on time.

USS Constitution is very close indeed and a mere taxi ride each way. A great hour or hour and a bit would do it justice, along with the Cassin Young very nearby if you have time. You won’t have invested in any tickets and thus, have nothing to lose at all. You will also get some great photo shots of the Bunker Hill monument and the Boston skyline.

A taxi is $24 each way. An UBER would obviously be cheaper.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:21 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List