Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you everyone for your input! As we’re here at the moment I’m going to see if we can pop in to have a look at some point before we go home. I love the idea of more space, and I love open grounds, with lots of trees, we also love being able to open our front door and have fresh air rather than hotels with internal corridors. The only thing I can see with OKW is that it’s quite a big resort? My 70 year old parents will be with us on their first trip so want to make sure it’s good for them too. My mum would love the extra space to get away from my dads snoring...plus they have their own booking so could potentially get them a 1 bed if there is availability! Oh what to do lol

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Perfect for parents a stroll up to Hospitality House and a quiet drink

Edited at 09:00 AM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Perfect t for parents a stroll up to HH and a quiet drink
HH? I thought I knew all the acronyms. Any good for people that have not given birth?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
HH? I thought I knew all the acronyms. Any good for people that have not given birth?
Is it hurricane Hannah’s?! Really don’t know much about OKW 😂😂

NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
They are both lovely resorts - we've stayed at both (Beach Club instead of YC though) multiple times and, at OKW, we have only ever had the 1-bed for similar reasons to your own.

You do get a LOT of space - the 1-beds are massive.

Despite all that, we'd choose Beach Club every time. Part of our 3-week trip this past Summer included 10 nights in a 1-bed at OKW. Not long before we went I happened to do a search on Beach Club and the upgrade cost was only £500 or so, I think, so we moved.

The location of the Beach Club is worth more to us than the extra space of the 1-beds at OKW. You may well feel differently though. The good news is both are lovely!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
They are both lovely resorts - we've stayed at both (Beach Club instead of YC though) multiple times and, at OKW, we have only ever had the 1-bed for similar reasons to your own.

You do get a LOT of space - the 1-beds are massive.

Despite all that, we'd choose Beach Club every time. Part of our 3-week trip this past Summer included 10 nights in a 1-bed at OKW. Not long before we went I happened to do a search on Beach Club and the upgrade cost was only £500 or so, I think, so we moved.

The location of the Beach Club is worth more to us than the extra space of the 1-beds at OKW. You may well feel differently though. The good news is both are lovely!
Thank you for that! It’s hard trying to balance what works for us as a family of 4 with 2 teens of the opposite sex, and for my parents. We’re more moderate Disney people whereas it’s my mum and dads first visit (likely to be their only visit) and they’re more deluxe people so because of that I think we will just stick with what we’ve got, we’ve experienced value, moderate and deluxe resorts (stayed at the contemporary and didn’t like it at all) so will be nice for them to experience a bit of luxury and I think my dad will really like the Boardwalk area, I’ll just have to take one for the team and stay at the YC 😉😉

Old 20 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thank you for that! It’s hard trying to balance what works for us as a family of 4 with 2 teens of the opposite sex, and for my parents. We’re more moderate Disney people whereas it’s my mum and dads first visit (likely to be their only visit) and they’re more deluxe people so because of that I think we will just stick with what we’ve got, we’ve experienced value, moderate and deluxe resorts (stayed at the contemporary and didn’t like it at all) so will be nice for them to experience a bit of luxury and I think my dad will really like the Boardwalk area, I’ll just have to take one for the team and stay at the YC 😉😉
You could rent a 2 bed- this is Boardwalk standard , Beach Club is the same layout. Rent via David’s, would be cheaper often, someone else on here just booked Boardwalk via Davids. The points at Boardwalk standard view (this view) are very similar to OKW- try to stay one of them, great value in fact best value rooms on property and Boardwalk is a fabulous hotel. You don’t see it as much sold in the U.K., as you do USA. This would be $3600 (that’s $ not £ and no tax to pay) and free parking for 5 nights next August, a bit higher if you went into Friday and Saturday. You could split this with the parents. The bed in the living room is a U.K. Kingsize (US queen), same as the one there you can see in the studio bit of it. There’s also a bed under the TV there so this sleeps 10.

Edited at 08:07 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Our kids are 16 (girl) and 9 (boy) and the Beach Club rooms work just fine for us.

If they had to share a bed, both for sleeping and chilling-in-the-room time it wouldn't work, but with the day bed, the format is just fine.

Our entire holiday was this...

10 nights - Beach Club
2 nights - Animal Kingdom Lodge (only because I forgot to try and extend the Beach Club by 2 more nights!)
4 nights - Disney Dream cruise
5 nights - house with pool in Davenport

We intentionally had the house bit at the end so they each had their own room and lots of space to themselves, just in case!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You could rent a 2 bed- this is Boardwalk standard , Beach Club is the same layout. Rent via David’s, would be cheaper often, someone else on here just booked Boardwalk via Davids. The points at Boardwalk standard view (this view) are very similar to OKW- try to stay one of them, great value in fact best value rooms on property and Boardwalk is a fabulous hotel. You don’t see it as much sold in the U.K., as you do USA. This would be $3600 (that’s $ not £ and no tax to pay) and free parking for 5 nights next August, a bit higher if you went into Friday and Saturday. You could split this with the parents. The bed in the living room is a U.K. Kingsize (US queen), same as the one there you can see in the studio bit of it. There’s also a bed under the TV there so this sleeps 10.

That’s really useful info for future trips, thank you. We have a booking already with free dining and tickets so need to book within that offer.

Old 20 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Our kids are 16 (girl) and 9 (boy) and the Beach Club rooms work just fine for us.

If they had to share a bed, both for sleeping and chilling-in-the-room time it wouldn't work, but with the day bed, the format is just fine.

Our entire holiday was this...

10 nights - Beach Club
2 nights - Animal Kingdom Lodge (only because I forgot to try and extend the Beach Club by 2 more nights!)
4 nights - Disney Dream cruise
5 nights - house with pool in Davenport

We intentionally had the house bit at the end so they each had their own room and lots of space to themselves, just in case!
Of course, I forgot about the sleeper sofa at the YC! That would mean no bed sharing as this trip were on now I shared with my daughter and hubby with the boy and none of us get any sleep as they both fidget so much!

We will have 5 nights at the YC, 10 in a villa on Emerald Island and 2 nights at Lauderdale by the sea. I think if we want to do onsite in any future trips where were onsite longer than 5 nights then we would look at a 1 bed. Thanks again for your input.