Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Oct 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarksk
A Guest at All-Stars

MCO queue for returning visitors

Hi

I’m travelling with my family in December into MCO. We all visited America in April, (into Fort Lauderdale) however my youngest son now has a different ESTA as I had to renew his passport.

Are there different queues in MCO for previous visitors, and which queue would be join given he is travelling with an updated passport and ESTA?

Many thanks
Clarksk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

No, it’s all the same, unless you have Global Entry.
Old 30 Oct 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Amystefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

You just all get in the same queue and wait.
Amystefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

When we went to JFK we were told that if you had a new passport since last visiting the US you couldn't use the 'returning ESTA' queue.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ManCity
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
When we went to JFK we were told that if you had a new passport since last visiting the US you couldn't use the 'returning ESTA' queue.
Different airports have different systems. For example, some airports are still using the APC kiosks, whereas MCO changed from those to the facial biometrics a year ago. Since then, MCO has just one queue for almost everybody - except for Global Entry and US nationals.
ManCity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

There was a "first visit" queue when we arrived a couple of weeks ago, but they were only allowing those who had never been to the US before in to it (it was a much shorter and hence quicker queue!) It did not matter that we all had new ESTAs and one of us had a new passport since our last trip. There was someone at the entrance to the queue to direct, so you can always ask (assuming the set up remains the same) as this seems at odds with some of the advice above!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I suspect the first visit line is there so they can take your fingerprints. We went this year only one of our party hadn't been to the US before and they where the only ones required to give their fingerprints

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Is there a separate queue for returning estas I don’t remember seeing it before but as it wouldn’t have applied to us I may have missed it. It will apply this time though so am keen to confirm.
Old 1 Nov 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

well, don't overthink, or overplan

when you're there, you'll just use whatever lane you will be directed to by the "ambassador", because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you've been before, or if your passport is wrapped in golden paper, the only choice you might be able to make is "us citizen/residents OR Global Entry OR foreign/muggles

the rest of the story, you don't choose, the ambassadors do

Edited at 12:49 AM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 19, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tink18
Serious Dibber

tink18's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Arrived today there is just one big massive queue we were lucky and arrived before the Manchester flight and waited an hour and a quarter I imagine some of the people behind were looking at a three hour wait
tink18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List