Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Nov 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Okw tell me all

First time here next year tell me what u think?
Do u eat breakfast in the room?
What's the resort like etc any info tips or opinions welcome!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We love OKW. We’d stay every trip but we want to try new resorts. We normally stay in a studio but had a 2 bed villa last time as our parents came too. Loads of room and great having the kitchen and laundry.
We normally eat breakfast in our room anyway whether at OKW or not but it’s easier having the toaster in the studio. As has been said many times the QS option is not great but we always hire a car and just go elsewhere to eat. Lovely quiet and relaxing resort.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Following with great interest as we are also staying at OKW next October for our first on site trip.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyonabudget
Getting Excited

Me too! First time staying here next September/October. For me, I chose it for the ease of getting to Disney Springs using the boat - means we can theoretically head over whatever night we want for a few drinks and not worry about one of us driving. I'm planning on stocking the room with breakfast type stuff from Walmart so I can eat in the room and save our credits for character meals/signatures.
disneyonabudget is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

We go with DDP in April, we plan to stock up on breakfast items at Walmart. The table service seems a waste for breakfast when you can eat something simple like toast or cereal in the room.

Although, I have booked in The Crystal Palace for one day. Can't wait, super excited
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jamcat
Having Dinner with Goofy

Stayed at OKW in 2013, wanted to rebook it for next year but it was fully booked! Loved it, massive villa, massive balcony, (2bed villa), picturesque setting, good bus service to parks. Breakfast in room, we got a garden grocer delivery for this. Nice boat service to Disney Springs. We also hired a boat ourselves and had a mooch on the river which lovely. Only negative was very limited counter service menu but that wouldn't stop us going back. Have fun!
jamcat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Stayed in a 1 bed villa opp Turtle Pond bustop, which was great. We bought various breads, butter, jam, eggs, yoghurts and fruit plus fruit juice from supermarket. We ate breakfast on our balcony every day except when eating in the Parks. Resort is lovely! Small swimming pool and the Turtle Shack were great except Shack didn't open until 11am. So we didn't make full use of the Refillable mugs. Would definitely go back there again!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mia1
VIP Dibber

Mia1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Stayed there last time and have booked for next year to stay there again! It's an amazing resort, lovely views and a very relaxed feel. We sometimes had breakfast in room (1 bed villa) or we went down to goods foods to go and used some snack credits for breakfast. Olivia's is a great place to eat, we really enjoyed the food there. Kids loved the pools, they preferred the quieter ones to the main one. We just loved the relaxed feel of the place and it was very easy to get around. We can't wait to go back.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever"
Mia1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WalesAndy
Excited about Disney

Stayed twice and awaiting confirmation on staying again next October. For what we look for in a resort I don't think there's even a deluxe resort that would top it. We always stay on Peninsula road, first drop-off and first-pick up so we can get off ASAP and get a guaranteed seat in the morning. Not far from hospitality house and the last pick-up spot should we want to get to a park quicker. We go to DS at least every other night so the boat is an added bonus and not being too far away on the bus. QS & TS options aren't great which makes the boat an even bigger bonus. I'd certainly come prepared with breakfast items because the QS breakfast we had one time was DISGUSTING!

All in all, its a quiet, beautiful resort and there's no place I'd rather stay!
WalesAndy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

The one bed villas are fantastic accommodation. Olivia’s is a lovely restaurant. Other than that I’m afraid I didn’t like it much. Huge. Could have been anywhere. Buses pretty below par (I’ve stayed at 6 Disney resorts). Quick service horrible. Front desk we only visited three times including check in but they were terrible every time. But that said. The one bed villa was outstanding and the grounds are beautiful. For me I’d rather swish us all in one room and enjoy my resort more.

Edited at 11:17 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List