Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Jan 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Day 19 - IHOP, SeaWorld & Joe's Crab Shack

Day 18 is here

Wednesday the 25th April

After a very sound sleep we all woke up about 08.30ish. Except Dad that is as he always wakes up super early! The plan for today was SeaWorld and to return the golf clubs from the shop on I Drive so that would work in nicely.

After getting dressed and giving piglet lots of hugs and kisses, Abigail had a change from grapes and had a biscuit thing with peanut butter and jelly in it!

The big bag of everything was re-packed and the snack box replenished. Our mornings always took the same route and there wasn’t much variation on this I am afraid! Lol. The boys got the clubs and packed the car up.

The car needed petrol so we headed to a petrol station on the 192 on the way to the I-4. I was driving so Paul volunteered to go fill the car. I find it strange how you have to pay before filling up. I think it's because when you have a hire car you can’t gauge how much you need to fill the tank up so you need to go back and forth and we always pay too much because we are used to UK prices. It was really busy today. Paul was having trouble with the pump as it kept on stop starting and I think it was to do with the pressure put on the pump. He was getting increasingly irritated by the whole thing. I jumped out and managed to get it to work much to his annoyance. Heehee! There was then a carry on trying to get out as the car in front had blocked the whole station and no one could get out. There was about four of them standing round the car and I have no idea what they were doing but eventually they sensed all the glares and moved the car to a better position just before Dad was away to ask them to move! Don’t get this carry on at Tesco pay at pump!

Onto the I4 we went and turned off and headed towards the Premium Outlets as the golf shop was up that end. We found the place no bother. Chris & Rach had kindly picked them up in their first week so we weren’t 100% sure where we were going but Chris had given good landmarks. Our bellies were now talking so it was off to IHOP which was Dad’s favourite for breakfast before driving down to SeaWorld.

It was quite a small IHOP but we got seated no bother. I ordered a hot chocolate for a change and it was yummy.

Paul had coffee and Dad had tea. Abi had apple juice. Creatures of habit when it came to morning drinks! Abi and I mucked about and took some selfies!

Abi had some eggs with pancakes and a blueberry jam topping. Jam is a favourite and she was very pleased with herself.

I had Pancakes with Tres Leche and a side of wheat toast which Abi pointed at for my picture! ;o) I absolutely love wheat toast – I have no idea why. I think it’s a combination of the butter and the slightly different taste to our bread. I haven’t had toast like it here and I always have to have some when in the states. It is definitely one of those things that I miss when I am home! Weird since I hardly eat toast here!

Dad had the breakfast sampler. Same as always!

Paul had the bacon temptation omelette.

Abi seemed especially delighted with her breakfast and juice this morning!

It was all very good again and enjoyed by all.

It was almost 12.00the time we had paid up and got back to the car. I tried to leave walking out what I thought was the door but it was like an alcove bit with more tables. Oops! I thought I hadn’t been seen but Paul was laughing and saying someone else did the same thing.

Back up I Drive and along to SeaWorld where we parked up for free as it was included in our tickets. We took better notice of where we parked and we got the pram out and started walking towards the entrance. We all went through the turnstiles and then Dad was walking ahead of us and before we knew it he had disappeared! We were a bit confused as Dad doesn’t know where anything is in the parks but turns out he had gone to the toilet. Lol.

Dolphin nursery was first up and we all enjoyed watching them for ages. They are just so lovely and I could have stood there for hours.

Failed family selfie!

Since it was like so long ago since we had eaten it was decided an ice cream was in order. An hour is so long without food in Orlando! Abigail was delighted with her sprinkles (which Dad was calling sparkles! Lol)! You don’t realise how loud the parks background music is until you hear it back on a video – it is pretty loud!

[continued in next post]

Edited at 08:54 AM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
[continued from previous post]

It was another hot day and we were enjoying the heat. It was time for the dolphin show and we had to leave the pram at the entrance, so Abi wanted to walk up herself. This took some time as everything is fascinating to her!

The show was really good and better than I remembered it being. It was just the right length and it wasn’t too busy either which was good. It was a nice break from the heat and we all agreed we would see it again.

I decided I really wanted a shot on Manta so Paul & Dad took Abi and I headed on myself. There was no queue. I was sat next to an American guy whose wife didn’t want to go on either. Paul did not fancy the whole facing down thing. I absolutely loved it but didn’t push my luck and just went on once. I told them to meet me at Shamu’s happy harbour as there was a water bit I thought Abi would like but when I caught up with them Abi was sleeping! I thought she might have been as it was pretty hot and she had been running about a bit.

We just chilled for a while and I bought some lays to munch on and then we headed towards Mako as Abi was sleeping so thought we could sneak a quick ride on it. Just as well she was sleeping as the water bit was closed! Paul was happy to come on this so we scooted off and again, there was a minimal wait for the ride. Again, such a good ride!

The plan was to grab a bite as it was now about 15.30 and we thought Abi would need something proper when she woke up. She slept for about 45mins or so and we headed to find something to eat. I will confess I can’t remember which restaurant it was. It was right on the water and it was quite big inside. It was canteen style. Paul had a burger, Dad had chicken nuggets and Abi and I shared fish and chips. I think we got the best meal as ours was fresh. Paul and Dad said their meal wasn’t great but it filled a hole for now. We didn’t stay long as we were on a mission to see the penguins before we left. Abigail, Paul and me missed them on our first visit as she was sleeping so we were all excited for it.

Abi loves penguins so we knew she would like it. There was a fairly big queue when we arrived but we only waited about 15-20mins and we were in.

It is very cold and very noisy and quite stinky but it didn’t put us off. The penguins were fab and very cute. Abigail was pleased and spent ages trying to touch them through the glass.

I then managed to drop my phone on the bumpy concrete ground and got a crack in my camera. This was the start of the slow death of my phone. I still have it but it has had 2 new screens and the long range camera and video camera on the back is all cracked and can’t be used. I have to video using the selfie camera. Roll on April so I can upgrade it. I digress.

We stayed there for as long as we could stand the cold. There was of course a gift stand and Dad bought Abi a spectacular purple fuzzy penguin that is called Aurora. She is very grand.

It was now about 17.00 and it was time to call it a day. I had enjoyed our visits to SeaWorld and was glad we had decided to go this trip! Abi slept again in the car. The plan was for a short chill out and then out for tea. We all fancied Joe’s Crab Shack again so that’s where we headed.

We got there about 19.15 and we were all looking forward to the food again. It wasn’t busy and I have no idea why as the food is great quality. It wasn’t empty either but compared to some other places it wasn’t that busy. Maybe because it is a bit more expensive than some other places? Who knows?

They made a right fuss of Abigail again and she was lapping it up. She remembered the flashing disco balls and was asking to dance but there was no music for that today.

Paul and I shared the crab dip again and Dad had plain prawns. I love how there is a bucket in the middle for all the shells and a big roll of kitchen roll for your hands!

Dad was posing in his bib and was doing the Winston face! Paul was also attempting the Winston face with some hilarious results!

Paul and Dad both had the king crab buckets. They looked amazing and they were both astounded I didn’t have the same.

I decided to have the paradise platter which was grilled tilapia, grilled shrimp skewers and shrimp mac n cheese. I also ordered a side of hush puppies.

OMG. The food was sooooo good again. Paul and Dad barely spoke as they cracked open the king crab and ate it all up.

Abigail shared with me and had a bit of everything. Paul reluctantly let me have a taste of the crab and it was really really good. Abi enjoyed sucking on a crab claw to get all the meat out! Paul happily shared with his girl! Lol!

Abigail was the proud owner of another blue shark. They are called Mr and Mrs Shark. Very imaginative! They now live in the bath here. She loves them. The meal was worth every penny and I don’t think it was expensive considering how much seafood you get for your money.

Back into the car and home to the villa. Abigail was very tired tonight. A quick bath with the sharks and off to bed. The adults then chilled out for a while and Dad fell asleep on the sofa with his beer!

I had a few spoons of some Hägen-Dazs and then we all headed to bed.

Such a fun day but I can’t believe we only have 2 full days left of the holiday. Boo!

Join us tomorrow for Animal Kingdom, an epic shopping trip and the cheesecake factory! It's here

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh I have been reading this whilst having breakfast (a chocolate croissant) and now I am seriously craving IHOP! I’m with your Dad, it’s my fave place for breakfast too!

Such a great trip to Seaworld, we always have such a fab time here! I am super excited to take Charlie too as he loves the Sealife Centre so sure he will be in his element! Really pleased you got to ride Manta, I love that ride! I can’t wait to finally get on Mako too… it opened the week after our last trip back In 2016! It’s been a long time coming!

Oh more amazingness at Joe’s Crab Shack! How have we never been here?! I must tell Paul about it as he absolutely loves seafood so will be right up his street!

Loved reading this as always, I’m sad it’s getting so close to the end now!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Lovely day, we went to Seaworld for Hogmanay and it was fantastic.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great food👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Awesome day! I loved Seaworld and especially Manta. Abigail is too cute.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a nice day, you've got some great photos
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous day! I think seaworld is so appealing for kids and the rides for adults!

Some great eats today too xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A brilliant day.
Old 22 Jan 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Thanks for reading!

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List