Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Oct 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

My kids have been on a mission to build and sell all of their old lego. They’ve made a fair amount of money back on them ready to take on holiday as their spends. We don’t have the boxes and some had missing pieces but they still sold well.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Apologies for jumping in on the OP’s thread - is there a website that gives you an idea of value for sets?
I have some sets but they are only a few years old (Star Wars Ewok village etc) my son has lost interest (xbox took over!) and they are mostly not even open. Not sure wether to trust ebay prices.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

If any one is planning on selling sets look on Bricklink and get an idea of the value of the sets so you don't lose out.

Also if you go on to Rebrickable it will be able to tell you what other sets you can build with the ones you own.

Edited at 09:42 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
If you have the original boxes complete sets are worth more.
We do have original boxes and in good condition. Know they are worth more sold but it seems the over 30's enjoy lego as much as the under 18's. We also have several of the complete technical sets which have been reconstructed. All it took was us saying we were going to tidy the loft and a lot of their things would have to be sold never expected them to take the bits and start playing with them again. Also had eldest removed his original Brio - we are told our grand-daughter who is 7 months likes playing Brio!
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Mobile

Every time someone mentions Lego..I always think of Geoffa..he had some fabulous ones..Castle etc.
He would of been the first to come on here and give you loads of his knowledge.
He is missed.
But still lots of other good info has been given.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Would schools etc be allowed to keep the very small parts that now make up lots of the sets? Too much of a choking hazzard?
Of course we can. In school we teach them rules and number one rule with toys is dont put toys in your mouth, up your nose, or throw them around.

If we went down the snowflake route we'd be back 2 generations where there were no toys in school at all and they'd be playing with stones and broken glass.

In saying that I wouldnt say no to that route, as kids and parents had much more respect and common sense in those days.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Mobile

We loads of Lego sets at home and all boxes are in fab condition
I told my lad I try sort them out as he wants sell to put money towards a car ,his are mainly Star Wars stuff ,he also has black pearl pirates of Caribbean ship which is now discontinued I think 🤔
My daughter has lot more set than him so dreading to sort them all out she has friends ,minecraft plus Jurassic world sets
They hardly been used and all boxes to
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We have a huge plastic crate of Lego from when our boys were growing up. We also have another one full of various Dinky cars etc. The "boys" are now 50/48/46 and we love watching the grandkids playing with it all. Never really had sets as far as I can remember, but they built the most amazing space ships from scratch!
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
our local special school has a Lego club and are grateful for Lego donations. I should think there will be a school/after school club who would love it
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Thanks . I never knew it would be so in demand, will def hand some into my sons previous primary school and maybe sell the good stuff