Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Anyone else due to go beginning of August?

We're due to go the 5th of August. We've cancelled the Disney part we had booked (10 days POR with QSDP and tickets). We still have Universals RPR booked for 4 nights with tickets booked through Attraction Tickets (paid in full). The flights with BA (LGW-MCO) are paid in full too. I’ve booked Homewood Suites through booking.com for the time we would have been in Disney on a no deposit free cancellation booking. Anyone else in the same boat? X x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Loads of us still booked to go in August. Look on Trip Planning, August Positivity thread if you want to join us 😊
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by daffodil92 View Post
Loads of us still booked to go in August. Look on Trip Planning, August Positivity thread if you want to join us 😊
I'm already on that thread thank you 🙂 I just didnt want to put a downer on it if I decide to cancel so I was seeing what peoples thoughts were on whether they wanted to cancel x x
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Hi! We're due to go 4th August... hoping to hear from our travel agent tomorrow and praying that they'll give us a full refund as we have paid the entire trip If they wont refund then we'll amend it to Dec 2021. I'd really prefer to book direct with Disney though.
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We’re due to go 1st August, thats the first BA flight due to go 😱

Tbh the reason we’ve not even considered cancelling is because we’ve booked diy and would lose thousands.

Happy to go though even with the restrictions as we’ll make it a more chilled out trip.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We’re due to go 1st August, thats the first BA flight due to go 😱

Tbh the reason we’ve not even considered cancelling is because we’ve booked diy and would lose thousands.

Happy to go though even with the restrictions as we’ll make it a more chilled out trip.
We're DIY too x x
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Hi

Due to go 1st August- also booked DIY.

Flights are Virgin reward seats, cancellable up to 24 hours before for a £30 pp charge.

Was going to book Pop and Disney tickets back at the beginning of the year but was a bit reluctant, as we usually only book hotels a few months before we go, but then Disney paused reservations so couldn't!

But we have annual passes for Universal from last year, so booked RPR club level also cancellable up to 24 hours before for no charge, instead.

So thankfully I can wait a bit longer to make a decision.

Aug 23 RPR
Oct 22 ES Dockside RPR / Apr 2022 PBH POFQ
Aug 21 Disney Magic / Aug 19 Pop BCV HRH Bakers Cay
Aug 18 Pop RPR Playa Largo / Aug 17 Pop Solterra RPR Playa Largo Atlanta
Aug 16 AoA RPR Windsor Hills Hyatt@Coconut Point Hilton@Key Largo Atlanta
Aug 15 Mondrian@Miami Hilton@Key Largo Legacy Park & Atlanta
Aug 14 Watersong PBH & Andaz@NYC / Apr 13 Hyatt@Clearwater & Floridays
Dec 11 Floridays & RPR / Dec 10 LBV Palace & RPR / Jun 08 Hilton@WDW & RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Hi,

We are due to fly 2nd August lgw - mco. Currently we have both disney and universal booked for the same period. We will see how park booking goes and if it goes well we will either do Disney and then a couple of days off site or do disney and a couple of days universal for volcano bay.

I'm hopefully looking at our numbers today. I'm going to make some single layer masks and have been wearing a triple layer in the garden while laying turf and I was no more uncomfortable breathing wise and only slightly warmer so hopefully a single layer will be comfortable.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Please join us on the August positivity thread! We fly 12th August and currently sticking with Disney. We booked DIY so stand to lose a lot of we choose not to go, therefore we are embracing and making the best of it. We are worried about have to wear masks so tips are welcome on the lightest, thinest ones 👍
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Please join us on the August positivity thread! We fly 12th August and currently sticking with Disney. We booked DIY so stand to lose a lot of we choose not to go, therefore we are embracing and making the best of it. We are worried about have to wear masks so tips are welcome on the lightest, thinest ones 👍
I'm making them to for protection but to comply. I've got a couple of materials I want to try. I'm thinking about the material that cooling cloths are made from because we could use them as cooling cloths. I've also got a couple sports tshirts that I'm going to cut up and try - they're labelled as breathable so might be worth a shout and the I've got some cotton lilo and stitch patterned material so will make some prototypes with different elastics.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List