Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 20, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Yes i guess so because no one knows how next year will be,we all want normality back but the way things are going there seems little "letup"!... its great to keep positive but a Florida holiday is a gamble for the wonderful holiday that you would expect!...We are all eager to go back to our "happy place",we just need it to be happy when we get there!...

Edited at 01:21 PM.
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Anyone looking for insurance this is from staysure
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

That looks really encouraging...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

I think I just looked at what happened this summer and I keep thinking what if it happens again. I guess at some point this will all be a distant memory.

I was one of those in March who thought, a couple of months and this will all be over.

Although I think I will self isolate our Family for two weeks prior if it is still around just to make sure, can you imagine spending all this money and getting there only to spend two weeks in your hotel room cause you have caught it.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post

Anyone looking for insurance this is from staysure
I have just taken out comprehensive insurance with Staysure, is that the option you have?
Old 3 Sep 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
I have just taken out comprehensive insurance with Staysure, is that the option you have?
We took it out yesterday and this is the cover we have.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I keep waivering.

Originally my target was Dec 2021 with a reasonable prospect of summer 2021.

Then I began to get more conifident waivering up and down over Dec 2020 from 75% to less than 50%. If I’m being honest I am just less than 50% on December 2020.
I’m perhaps just over 50% on Easter.
Im currently about 80% on summer now due to vaccine development.
Obviously this is just educated guessing and could be way off the mark.
Imagine if they get a very good vaccine and start giving it to front line November which is what is being suggested now. We could be looking at UK and US programmes being very well advanced by Spring. This could cause confidence to rise as we head towards December knowing a vaccine is 100% coming that things start to get back to normal with social distancing on the assumption any massive resurgence would be headed off.
But I’d now be very surprised if we were not back next summer.
If the vaccines fail, Dec 2021 could be iffy!
Old 3 Sep 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

I’ve seen amazing prices with BA today for May, will likely book. Not nervous go for it
Old 3 Sep 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I keep waivering.

Originally my target was Dec 2021 with a reasonable prospect of summer 2021.

Then I began to get more conifident waivering up and down over Dec 2020 from 75% to less than 50%. If I’m being honest I am just less than 50% on December 2020.
I’m perhaps just over 50% on Easter.
Im currently about 80% on summer now due to vaccine development.
Obviously this is just educated guessing and could be way off the mark.
Imagine if they get a very good vaccine and start giving it to front line November which is what is being suggested now. We could be looking at UK and US programmes being very well advanced by Spring. This could cause confidence to rise as we head towards December knowing a vaccine is 100% coming that things start to get back to normal with social distancing on the assumption any massive resurgence would be headed off.
But I’d now be very surprised if we were not back next summer.
If the vaccines fail, Dec 2021 could be iffy!
If you can't go in summer '21, we will have more to worry about than summer holidays.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We were planned to go this summer, got everything planned and settled a few weeks before that stupid virus spoiled it all. So we were left with flight tickets, WDW and Seaworld tickets. For the flight tickets that we bought with an American ticket office we got vouchers for a later flight that had to be done before December ‘21. Because we can only travel late July I had to rebook my tickets as quick as possible. So a week or two ago I bought my plane tickets for July 19th 2021 and booked all possible dates again for the themeparks. I was especially nervous before I started rebooking because we were so limited with our dates but everything worked out great. Am I nervous for next year because of Corona? Yes I am and I am sure I am not the only one. But I won’t let a stupid virus stop me from looking hopeful into the future. Yes I’m nervous but I also hear hopeful sounds about a vaccin that should be available near the end of March. Yes I am nervous but like somebody else said if Corona still among us like it is now we will have other things to worry about instead of our summerholiday... Yes I am nervous but there is so much more than covid that can stop us from going... yes I am nervous but I am also staying positive. Let us be nervous together but most important let us be positive all together! Florida here we come! With greetings from Belgium.

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List