Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
That doesn’t sound like a quiet road 😉

It sounds way more quiet than my Spanish neighbour ! 😂😂
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I think we must be relatively nearby
We are in Church Crookham.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
swv
Apprentice Imagineer

although our house backs on to a a main dual carrigeway, we dont really hear the cars unless its some silly boy racer, often feel like we live in the country as really dont hear the dual carriageway much. We are a 1minute walk from the police station and we are a through route for ambulances to get to the other side of our city quickly, so hear them regularly though.

We have lots of birds in our garden and many many robins. We really have the best of both worlds or not lol. We can hear and see the seagulls, the foxes,owls but what also happens is our house is a very modern one with whole walls made of glass and the birds , mostly pigeons fly at break neck speed in to the windows as they can see the reflection of the trees opposite. Though in the 10 years we have lived here we have only seen 1 dead pigeon as a result of flying into the windows. the noise and speed they fly into the windows it should be many more but just the one

This week we have had a robin sitting on the top of a patio chair and flying up and tapping on the windows presumbly because he/she can see the reflection of the trees.
Old 8 Sep 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Trains, planes and automobiles
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
swv
Apprentice Imagineer

Forgot we are also near an airport and train station, dont hear the trains that much and also now dont hear the planes going over as much obviously
Old 9 Sep 20, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The sea. It’s particularly noisy on stormy days when it crashes against the pebbles and throws up the stones onto the pavement at high tide.
A neighbour has some kind of gym in his garage and seemingly most Saturday mornings around 7:30am his friends all gather at his house to use it so there are grunts and clanging of weights!
He is a lovely guy, but I’m not a major fan of his fitness club at that time of the morning on a Saturday!
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
The sea. It’s particularly noisy on stormy days when it crashes against the pebbles and throws up the stones onto the pavement at high tide.
A neighbour has some kind of gym in his garage and seemingly most Saturday mornings around 7:30am his friends all gather at his house to use it so there are grunts and clanging of weights!
He is a lovely guy, but I’m not a major fan of his fitness club at that time of the morning on a Saturday!
I'd love to hear the sea.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Birdsong which includes the distinct call of the pea cock on occasions.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

My elderly neighbour has twice told me today how loud everything is, the traffic, tv, radio and mostly his kettle!
😂🤣

Bless him, he saw Chime hearing people yesterday as his family and neighbours and I had to shout when speaking as he was so deaf. Anyway, Chime told him to wear his hearing aid (found it luckily) so now he can't believe the sound levels of everything.
Hopefully he'll get used to wearing it again, adjust the level and be normal again. He got very down the last 5 months with missing out on conversation, wouldn't hear the telephones or door bell, so it was hard to get hold of him with his shopping etc. Keeping my fingers crossed that he'll persevere with it now. 🤞😀
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I can hear the A40 in the distance, planes flying into RAF Northolt, and the tube station trains going through when it's really quiet! When Concorde was in commission, on a quiet day you could hear the engines for take off. I miss that! It's noisy and busy here, but, I like it and am so used to it. When we're down at the families in Cornwall, I cant get used to the stillness! It's SO quiet!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List