Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I ordered some this morning. They were £4.50 though, not £3.85
I’ll see what I think!
I’m all for using environmentally friendly products but they need to be effective!
Some of the stuff available is absolutely useless and you need 10x as much which kind of defeats the object.
Ah, so it is. Just looked at my latest order and it’s got a 65p loyalty discount.

I agree with you that stuff has to be good, not just eco-friendly. I had an Eco Egg previously which I thought was rubbish!
Old 25 Jun 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
Thanks for posting! I’m happy with Smol for laundry and my dishwasher, but definitely gonna try Splosh for other stuff!
Use my code B7BOILDDOV

You get 15% off and I get £3 credit.

Can be used by more than one person I believe, so anyone else on this thread wanting to give Splosh a try, go ahead and use the code.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Becstarprincess
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Love Smol been using it for 6 months now. My hubby has very sensitive skin and I always used Fairy it was the only brand that didn’t aggravate his psoriasis. It’s fab and smells good too, and he’s had no problems with it. They recently chanced packaging to all recycled cardboard which I like.
Becstarprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlueAngel
Imagineer

I use both their washing capsules and dishwasher tablets and really like them. Environmentally friendly too.

RIP Murphy 24.4.1999 - 4.5.2013
1995 - Tunisia, 2003 - Lanzarote & Gran Canaria, 2004 - Majorca, 2005 - Florida - ASMo. 2006 - Florida - Villa, 2007 - Salou, 2008 - Pop Century, 2009 - Kenya, 2010 - Eygpt, 2011 - Tenerife- 2012 Rhodes, Crete - 2013&2014, Florida - 2014&2015
TrueBlueAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I just wanted to re-visit this.
I cancelled mine today as it’s just not getting our clothes properly clean.
At first I liked it but over time I am noticing that clothes I bake in have a horrible sicky smell to them when they’re washed. This transfers to anything else in the wash basket 🤢I think it’s from butter or any type of fat so I guess it’s a grease related thing. It’s not like a fryer smell. It’s really strange. Tea towels are even worse and I wash those hot!
Anyone who’s worked in a restaurant should know the smell I mean. Anyway, back to Persil I’m afraid

*To clarify, the horrible smell isn’t the Smol, it’s the fats that Smol doesn’t seem able to shift

Edited at 12:51 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
It’s £3.85 for 24 capsules delivered to your door. It’s not dear at all! Just checked Tesco and their own brand non-bio capsules are £5 for 36.

It might be dear compared to powder or liquid, but that’s comparing apples and oranges.
Was going to say the same I have 24 capsules a month which is based on my 6 loads a week, I've noticed my asda shop is cheaper not buying washing stuff, even when I used to buy whatever was on offer, have to admit though I'm not a big fan of the new plastic free packaging, I get the reason why but I struggle opening the box so now I decant each month into an old plastic tub.. I don't need to worry about youngsters getting into the tub. I've been using them about a year now.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I've been using them for a few months now and have no issues with either the cleanliness or the smell of the washing.

I also struggle with the packaging though. I find it quite tricky to squeeze the tabs at the side at the same time pushing it forward.

A big plus for me is that since we have started using them we have not had the foul smelling stench that we used to get from the washing machine drainage system every couple of weeks or so.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SupersleuthTed
Excited about Disney

I love it and have been using it for a month or two now . It works well for our family and I love the fact that they post it as well so I don’t need to remember to buy it.
The conditioner works well too and they send enough for three months worth and the clothes smell good and the smell lasts .