Martha Agnes Rose Cooke 280 72.73%
Cora Agnes Rose Cooke 105 27.27%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Oct 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I love Agnes as a first name to be honest as I think it goes well with your other daughter’s name, Edith. However, I also love the name Martha and considered it for our daughter. Cora is nice, but Martha wins for me
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Definitely Martha for me. I love that name.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I chose Martha. Hope you have an easy birth - good luck.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I prefer Martha. Many congratulations!
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Martha for me. Not fussy on Cora which can be pronounced 2 ways:
Cora as in Core or Cowra as in Coral.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
We are torn between 2 baby names for our daughter due next week, which do you prefer (if you don't like either don't tell me, we have struggled so much to come up with these 2 as we can't agree on anything)

Our 3 year old daughter is called Edith Sophia Grace Cooke if that makes a difference.
Oooh congrats!

I really like both names and am struggling to decide which to vote for! That's not much help, is it!

I've come across fewer Coras, if that matters to you.

...But, if really pushed I think I'll vote for Martha, because "Edith and Martha" seems to roll off the tongue a bit more easily than "Edith and Cora" and you will be saying it a lot!

Still either choice is the right one imho.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Oooh congrats!

I really like both names and am struggling to decide which to vote for! That's not much help, is it!

...But, if really pushed I think I'll vote for Martha, because "Edith and Martha" seems to roll off the tongue a bit more easily than "Edith and Cora" and you will be saying it a lot!

Totally what I was going to say ❤️
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Cora Cooke, Martha Cooke.
Martha has more of a ring to it plus I like Edith and Martha better than Edith and Cora.
My DD only got a first name as we couldn't agree on anything else. Well done for settling on three!
I'm more set on the middle names for some reason, I guess they're less of a commitment.

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I'm biased we have a Martha and she's gorgeous. X
What's her middle name if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Congratulations Abi.
It’s Martha for me as it goes beautifully with Edith.
I hope that all goes well next week, I bet Edith will be an amazing big sister.x
Fingers crossed, she seems very excited at the prospect of a little sister!

Originally Posted by Tink Tina View Post
I vote Martha, however the initials would be MARC, would that matter?
I don't think so.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I love Agnes as a first name to be honest as I think it goes well with your other daughter’s name, Edith. However, I also love the name Martha and considered it for our daughter. Cora is nice, but Martha wins for me
I do love Agnes but I have a weird thing about her having an A first name as I'm Abi, other half is Aaron and I worry that Edith would be left out as the only one who wasnt an A Cooke. Silly I know but it's put me off. I love the name Ada as well, but for the same reason can't go for it.

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Oooh congrats!

It's funny that people have said Cora is the more popular of the two as I was sure Martha was more frequently used in the last few years. Seems Martha is the clear winner in the poll atm!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I understand your reasoning with not going with Agnes for the first name now. It’s not silly, I think I would feel the same way, although I’m sure Edith wouldn’t feel left out 💞
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I was going to say Cora but Martha is also lovely and I think fits better with your other daughters name. Congratulations and good luck for next week😊