Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Epcot 35th Anniversary

inline imageEpcot marked its 35th anniversary Sunday doing what it does best: looking to the future. Against the backdrop of its iconic Spaceship Earth, Disney's theme park that celebrates human achievement hosted ceremonies that reflected on 35 years of creativity and innovation. More important, the ceremonies shined a spotlight on an exciting future of new experiences and attractions.

"It's been an amazing 35 years," said George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort. "And as we look toward the future, there is so much more on the horizon."

Kalogridis was joined onstage by the patriotic Voices of Liberty ensemble and the Mariachi Cobre from the Mexico showcase - two acts that debuted when the theme park originally opened - as guests and cast members looked on. It was 35 years to the day - Oct. 1, 1982 - when Disney's discovery park opened its doors as the second theme park on Disney property.

"Epcot has always been, and always will be, an optimistic celebration of the real world - brought to life through the magic of Disney," he said. "I promise you the exciting plans we have on the horizon will honor Epcot's rich legacy of creativity and innovation while continuing to exceed the expectations of our guests, for decades to come.

"The spirit of the expansion will continue to evolve Epcot to make it more timeless, more relevant, more family and more Disney, while staying true to its original vision."

Already announced as part of the expansion are a new restaurant for the Mission: SPACE pavilion, inviting guests to travel high above Earth for an unforgettable dining experience; a Ratatouille-inspired attraction bowing in a new space in the France showcase; a new E-ticket Future World attraction based on the rockin' world of Guardians of the Galaxy; an updated Circle-Vision film for the China showcase showcasing the country's splendor and majesty.

Epcot remains "a place for family, a place for fun and a place for faith in our vision as a people," Kalogridis said. "It is little wonder that so many have fallen in love with this park and its story."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eptfa4789768711.jpg
Views:	56738
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	64809  
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Was just looking at the merchandise for today and the 35th anniversary period. Wish I was there as loads with Figment on and I love that dragon 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

I’ve been following on Instagram, wish I was there. Epcot is my favourite park

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Bet it's packed today as they are changing the fireworks in some way tonight

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

We just got back from it! It was awesome! The fireworks, well I've never ever seen anything like them in my life! It was like the sky was lit up. Spectacular. And we got a decent merch haul too. So privileged to be there as Epcot is far far and away my favourite park! ❤️
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
VIP Dibber

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Was there on Sunday to celebrate 35 years to the day when epcot opened

Had a great day and listened to the music at eat to the beat

Mark Wills country singer

Edited at 12:02 PM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
"Epcot has always been, and always will be, an optimistic celebration of the real world"

Because nothing says "the real world" like a rollercoaster based of a bunch of fictional aliens (and one half human) - including a walking tree and a talking trash panda.

Still, at least they didn't change Test Track from it's simulation of an automobile's crash testing into something out of a Tron film. Or turned some of the Norway pavilion into a fictional land with an animated talking snowman. Or added CGI elements to Soarin'. Or...

Oh wait...

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Mobile

We went to the EPCOT soft opening during our first trip to Florida
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KDH1987
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

KDH1987's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Love Epcot . Teenage boys are a bit fed up though they feel it needs more hi speed rides for them . But I coul walk round the country’s all day 😁 I always spend to much money in China though
KDH1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Would love to do eat to the beat... when I retire.
Ds4ljs is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List