Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 19 Feb 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Gatorland and other attractions outside main parks

Been to Florida 7 times and never been there.

Has anyone been to gatorland? Is it worth it cos it’s gonna cost me about £76 for four of us.

Also what other attractions would people recommend wonderworks? Ripleys?
We did the icon and didn’t think much of it.

Thanks
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Yes we have been too Gatorland and enjoyed the afternoon away from the parks, have a look on groupon as we got half price tickets, I also got groupon ticket for the Monster truck tour at Citrus farm up the 27.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Gatorland is a bit like Marmite - some people love it and others would never return! Personally I've been once and that was enough as I just did not like the way the gators were kept or the shows. I would rather spend my $$ with an airboat ride and visiting Wild Florida but it is a bit of a longer drive.

If you do decide to go keep an eye out for special offers/coupons once you get there if none when you buy any other tickets as I bought tickets for $10 when purchasing others through Attraction Tickets Direct last year.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

I love Gatorland, but I first went there in 1983 and some of it is probably nostalgia! It's good as a rest day from the main parks. A lot of the stuff with the gators is quite contrived now, but still fun. The last time we went in 2016 my husband and I did the ziplines, which were really good. If you want a quieter day with a bit of wildlife stuff thrown in I still think it's worth a visit. (And for the photo opp with the big gator jaws that used to form the actual entrance but are now off to the side!)
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cringer
a Friend of the DIBB

Orlando Attraction Tickets are currently offering free tickets if you spend over £500.
cringer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve been and enjoyed our visit. It’s a different day out compared to the main parks though. Not sure where you priced the tickets up but they are cheaper with OrlandoAttractions.com (£64.68) or Travel Republic (£64) for a family of 2 adults and 2 children.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just to add it looks like you are going in May so might even be worth holding off to see if there are offers around Easter. I’m sure that was the case when we got ours a few years ago.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Is that the USA groupon?

I priced it up with the meet a gator and the monster truck so it was more expensive on top of the ATD.

Anyone been to wonderworks or ripleys?
Or even the pirates dinner show.
Would love some deals
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

No so long ago, Floridatix had a very good deal on a combined Gatorland and Boggy Creek Airboats deal.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Gatorland is my favourite place! This year we are doing the new dusk tour, done at night with torches and is cheaper so maybe that's an option for you ? Wild Florida is also excellent 😁

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List