Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Redundancy consultation - help please

I know probably quite a few people experiencing this due to the current situation.
Basically we had a conference call this week and we were advised we were at risk - apparently not COVID related (sure it isn’t!) and we are now in redundancy consultation. Due to the lockdown situation I am told the consultation will be by phone and have been told to prepare “mitigating circumstances”.
Does anyone have any advise what to expect in these consultation meetings? Do they ask questions? Do they talk at you? Am I expected to prepare a speech/notes ready to fight for my job?
Any advise greatly appreciated.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

My last one I was asked a series of questions, they look at attendance, sickness, any disciplinary action and then it was scored depending on those.
I would prepare a few answers for “why they should keep you”.
Good luck x

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa-72 View Post
My last one I was asked a series of questions, they look at attendance, sickness, any disciplinary action and then it was scored depending on those.
I would prepare a few answers for “why they should keep you”.
Good luck x
Thankyou. On the above things you mention I am not blowing my own trumpet but I would get 100% - I have never had a day off sick in the nearly 4 years I have worked there. I am never late - during lockdown especially I’ve been working from home and have worked well above my normal hours and they know that. Never had and disciplinary action or anything. My main downfall is my confidence at my job and my manager is constantly telling me I need to believe in myself and realise how good I am at it. So I think I need to work on that. Thanks again
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Mine didn’t take into account sickness, lateness, extra hours, anything about the person.

Mine was based on work KPIs and we were all numbered and ranked. From there the highest scorers were kept, the rest were told to come up with ways to avoid redundancy. It didn’t matter how much you did, only the rank mattered.

My fiancé’s was less organised, they tried to only get rid of the two that had been TUPEd into the new company. Got quite messy. They did ask him to fight for his job, but their minds were made up. He fought very hard!

Good luck. X
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Is there any part of your job role, that you are the only person that knows how to do it, or is always your responsibility? That could make you more valuable to keep. Awful way of putting it, but hope you know what i mean.

Good luck.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Is there any part of your job role, that you are the only person that knows how to do it, or is always your responsibility? That could make you more valuable to keep. Awful way of putting it, but hope you know what i mean.

Good luck.
I work in a large department but myself and my colleague are on a small separate team. There is only is 2 - like a subsidiary company kind of thing. Obviously during sickness (touch wood neither of us have been off sick) or annual leave we are left alone to cover. During this lockdown we were each furloughed for a month leaving the other working alone and being honest it nearly broke both of us. 1 person could not do it alone! My colleague has been on annual leave this week and I have struggled to keep on top of things alone. This and a couple of other things have been mentioned as mitigating circumstances.
Sorry I do not know what KPIs or TUPED means?
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Ask to see a copy of the redundancy criteria, it will help you prepare, they can only say no, if you were a member of a trade union they would be able to ask for one on your behalf.
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

They need to share what the criteria is before the meeting. Sickness is risky as could be discrimination.
Challenge the reason for redundancy, challenge how they made the decision about the roles at risk - you have the right to fight for your job.
You have the right to appeal the decision too.
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

You can google KPIs and Tupe
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I have just been through this.
They identified my role which I am the only one doing it.

For the first meeting I had to give ideas on how to prevent my role going and ways to save money.

2nd meeting they discussed to reasons for refusing my ideas.

3rd meeting by this time it was obvious and they made me redundant.

I have already found another job somewhere else

All the best luck and I hope it all works out better for you than mine did.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List