Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Cancelled next years trip

We were hoping to go September 2021, for my big birthday but I just dont feel comfortable with the thought of paying out for such a big trip anymore, I lost my job this year, hubby is now home with his job looking uncertain, I feel like we need to financially batten down the hatches - all our trips have cost the same as a small car...

We only held things provisionally, so haven’t lost money just my dreams! As next year comes we can gauge how things are and book something when it feels right. We booked park tickets with ATD using flex plus, lets see how quickly they refund.

I don’t usually like New years eve but boy will I be glad to see the back of 2020!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
We were hoping to go September 2021, for my big birthday but I just dont feel comfortable with the thought of paying out for such a big trip anymore, I lost my job this year, hubby is now home with his job looking uncertain, I feel like we need to financially batten down the hatches - all our trips have cost the same as a small car...

We only held things provisionally, so haven’t lost money just my dreams! As next year comes we can gauge how things are and book something when it feels right. We booked park tickets with ATD using flex plus, lets see how quickly they refund.

I don’t usually like New years eve but boy will I be glad to see the back of 2020!
Nooooooooooooooooo

I can see where you are coming from.

Good times will return., trust me

Disney332
Old 29 Aug 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post

Let us hope that things turn around for you. It is clear that you are being pragmatic and using your head, rather than your heart.

By January, this mess may have turned on its head, the World realised that they have to live with Covid rather than simply hide, hope it will go away or a vaccine magically appear, The USA elections be over and things returning towards normality.

Vacations are a thing for spare money, just like new cars, new iPhones etc . You may once again be in that happy position, way before Sept of 2021. Don’t give up just yet.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Let us hope that things turn around for you. It is clear that you are being pragmatic and using your head, rather than your heart.

By January, this mess may have turned on its head, the World realised that they have to live with Covid rather than simply hide, hope it will go away or a vaccine magically appear, The USA elections be over and things returning towards normality.

Vacations are a thing for spare money, just like new cars, new iPhones etc . You may once again be in that happy position, way before Sept of 2021. Don’t give up just yet.
Finally a positive post. The sheer amount of negativity on here has pushed away so many decent posters which is a shame.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Wise decision. When things turn around for you Florida will still be there. You can always book a last minute one if things are more positive for you.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear this and really hope things pick up soon with job opportunities for you and your husband so you can look forward and start planning again
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Wise decision. When things turn around for you Florida will still be there. You can always book a last minute one if things are more positive for you.
Thanks this is exactly what we said. 👍🏻

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Aw Louise I know how much you were looking forward to planning your big birthday trip, but your decision is understandable given your circumstances.

I hope things pick up for you and who knows a trip may end up being back on the cards. If not I’m sure you’ll still end up having an extra special birthday x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear this Louise, but can see why you would cancel, definitely the sensible decision for now. I really hope things turn around quickly and we can all post on here about our exciting holiday plans again soon 💕
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Lots of people will soon realise this. Insane to spend thousands now unless you are financially comfortable and could survive months out of work.

The world will become less risk averse and things will start to get back to normal, but business and governments will take years to recoup losses.

Edited at 02:49 PM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List