Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Sep 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh dear the curse of Clearwater strikes. Still, the rain didn't spoil your day and I'm glad you found a 7-11 in time. The baseball game sounds fun and for a washout day made for a nice evening. I'm hoping you get to have a proper beach and pool day tomorrow.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame about the weather but you made the best of it and more bargains

Joan
Thanks Joan

Bargains and making the most of Florida weather - nothing better

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
Glad the rain didnt spoil things too much, I rode over the Sunshine Bridge on rented Harley in March its such a great view but it was bloody windy! Still lovin the Mike Peters stories...
Now that sounds like a way to rids the Sunshine highway
It is such an amazing piece of road - even in the wind

Update tonight from Mike Peters and family - from the past couple of months when he has not been playing music every Saturday night - emotional start to season 2 of The Big Night In
On their You tube channel to catch up if you want.

Never have the words Love hope and Strength described a family so much,

Thanks for reading and hope you stay with us for the ending

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Great shopping bargains 👍🏻
Always love a bargain shopping haul in Florida
Amazing to think I hate shopping in the UK

Thanks for reading

Old 8 Sep 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Shame about the weather but you got some fantastic bargains
I know I keep on saying it, but you can never let the weather bother you whilst in Florida, it must be a holiday thing asit really annoys us when it rains at home

Thanks for reading

Old 12 Sep 20, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
That's how it goes sometimes... a rainy day and so change the plans and head to the Mall. Great bargains found and you left some spare baggage space for the way home?!?

Having spent a lovely lunch on Coco Beach pier watching baseball and eating chicken wings and oysters, I have next to zero clue how the game works! We would love to head to a basketball or baseball game next time we are in Florida but there doesn't ever seem to be much going on when we are there.

Nice looking dinner too. It's nice to get somewhere that'll serve you quickly without too much waiting. My kids have spent many a Florida dinner time with their heads on the table, half asleep before the food turns up! These things we've learned to avoid these days but even so, your boys did well to eat so late.

Sounds like you made the most of it and had a good day. Looking forward to hearing what else you get up to.
We were on the final few days of burning the candle at both ends and in the middle too!
Late food for the boys was needed by all of us!

Baseball is an amazing game to watch and the skill and expertise beyond compare.
No need for any understanding of the rules, it is the atmosphere and the experience more than anything.
Well worth doing though and at $7.11 each a total bargain. It is undercover in Tampa so will never get rained off

Today was one of those that you could have totally wasted , we didn't and the baseball helped to add to the special memories of the whole trip on a day that should have been a beach write off.

Thanks for reading

Old 18 Sep 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
It might have been a rainy day but you lot certainly made the best of it. 👍

Never been to a major league game but we did go to a minor league game once, when we were staying in Siesta Key. Bradenton Marauders. It was so much fun! Dirt cheap. Family friendly. Kids playing games for prizes at half time. Stewards dancing in the aisles. Our steward explained some of the rules when he realised we were newbies. Lol.
They were all very excited about one young man (pitcher) who was destined for the majors. I couldn’t believe the speed they threw & caught those balls. Oh, & I caught a ball that was thrown out to the crowd. I gave it to a little boy sat behind me & you’d have thought it was the latest Fortnite toy - he was so excited. 🙂

Hope your next day was sunnier?

The minor league and indeed the Tampa Bay Rays experience is such a fantastic thing to see - possibly one many in the UK don't think about as they don't understand the game, no need to feel that way as someone will always help and will always guide you once they know you are from the UK
Getting a ball from the ball game is a huge thing for Americans attending, any wonder you made the little boys day

Day 25 coming soon, hopefully with added sunshine!

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the ending too

Old 18 Sep 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Glad you found a 7-11, great bargain tickets to top off your shopping finds!
Baseball Tickets were one of the greatest bargains we have ever managed to find in Florida

As always we love a bargain!

Old 20 Oct 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a shame about the weather- you guys did so well at the shops though, some really fantastic bargains!

We did the same thing last year with the 7-11 tickets. We normally stay at St Pete Beach at the end of a Florida holiday and there is a 7-11 across the road from the Beachcomber Hotel. We heard an ad on the radio and Adam was sold! It was our second visit to the Rays Stadium and it was brilliant (as it was Cooper’s 12th birthday that day, Adam was cheeky and asked if we could swap seats and the usher was so kind and agreed. We ended up super close and he even caught a ball. We will never ever top that birthday!)

Love the dippin dots and your late night dinner looks just perfect for game night food. There really is great activities to do other than the parks in Florida! Another lovely day
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a shame about the weather- you guys did so well at the shops though, some really fantastic bargains!

We did the same thing last year with the 7-11 tickets. We normally stay at St Pete Beach at the end of a Florida holiday and there is a 7-11 across the road from the Beachcomber Hotel. We heard an ad on the radio and Adam was sold! It was our second visit to the Rays Stadium and it was brilliant (as it was Cooper’s 12th birthday that day, Adam was cheeky and asked if we could swap seats and the usher was so kind and agreed. We ended up super close and he even caught a ball. We will never ever top that birthday!)

Love the dippin dots and your late night dinner looks just perfect for game night food. There really is great activities to do other than the parks in Florida! Another lovely day
These memories will be even more precious after the year we have all had
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List