Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Sep 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Am I mad? Is this a good price

London to MCO direct flights
August 2021
2 adults 2 children
2 nights at cabana bay
19 nights car hire 7 seater sub
£3100?

What do you think?

Edited at 06:49 PM.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
popdriver
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
London to MCO direct flights
August 2020
2 adults 2 children
2 nights at cabana bay
19 nights car hire 7 seater sub
£3100?

What do you think?
Have you priced up separate car hire? Your flights are c£500 each so that’s about right for direct, you can pay a lot mor elf course... BUT, as yourself what is the opportunity saving, I think it’s a few hundred quid at most so it’s down to your risk appetite... I have booked at a similar price to you
popdriver is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I think it’s a good price to get something locked in and start to get excited about! I presume it’s a deposit only BA booking? Low deposit, no amendment fees, and balance due 3 weeks before.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Are they direct flights within August? If so i think its v good. If u allow £1k for car hire and Cabana Bay then £500 ea for direct flights is v good for Aug.
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWishes
slightly serious Dibber

DisneyWishes's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thats a pretty good price, we booked for 2020 last week. The price was around the same as yours. I was worried that the prices will sky rocket once the borders open or when the vaccine gets released. Plus its only a £400 deposit and free amendments. Happy planning for August!

Southern Dunes - 06 - 08 - 12
Highlands Reserve - 10 - 13
POR - 14
Rolling Hills - 16
DisneyWishes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone. I really want to book as feel it is a good price (well I am happy with it ) my only issue is travel insurance and booking while the FCO is no travel to US. I have free cancellation/amendments on everything but will this void everything else?

Why is it so difficult!?
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
IMO this is a good price.

If you are booking now you need to consider that the parks may still be in a similar position as today, I.e limited opening hours, no fireworks,parades, limited dining options.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
IMO this is a good price.

If you are booking now you need to consider that the parks may still be in a similar position as today, I.e limited opening hours, no fireworks,parades, limited dining options.
Thanks. We aren't doing parks this time round, just a nice relaxing villa holidays with a couple of trips to the beach we hope.
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s a good price. Not fantastic but good. Lots to consider for 2021 but I’m sure you have weighed everything up
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I think it’s a good price. Not fantastic but good. Lots to consider for 2021 but I’m sure you have weighed everything up
I agree with your sentence completely! I normal flight track and am happy to hang on for a bargain but feel I am happy to settle for the BA price promise with free amendments/cancellation and pay a bit for the securitythey are offering. If it wasn't for current situations I would not consider booking a package but the deposit and above advantages are drawing me in!