Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 14, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The big question is - what will happen to the Shareholder's Club?

If you still need 100 shares and it will continue to offer the same benefits, is it better to do nothing?

Or will it only be open to those with TWDC shares? Or close altogether?

I can see it being withdrawn as other parks don't have one - but wary of doing anything until we know.

Our first 20 shares cost us 8 Euros each!
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

The press release seems to suggest it is mandatory. However it is a bit confusing... basically if you do nothing you will loose 1/3rd of the value of the shares.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
The press release seems to suggest it is mandatory. However it is a bit confusing... basically if you do nothing you will loose 1/3rd of the value of the shares.
Ye the mandatory bit was where I got concerned. But my dad who is an expert in these things said it is mandatory under certain laws that if someone is trying to buy/aquire over 20% of a company by law they have to offer to buy out all shareholders. The offer is there but you don't have to take it.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
juttawdw
Proud to wear my Ears

How do you buy they shares against €1 on my bank it is around €3.
juttawdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by juttawdw View Post
How do you buy they shares against €1 on my bank it is around €3.
Its not just now. It's the first part of next year if it is agreed to. They dropped to 2.60 first thing but are back up to 3.05 last time I checked.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

According to the FAQs the shareholders club will remain but new people applying may have different criteria.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

According to the FAQs the shareholders club will remain but new people applying may have different criteria.
This is where I'm torn... my membership runs out shortly and I need to buy the "other" 80 shares. So by early next year if the criteria changes or the €1 shares are offered I don't think I'll be allowed.
Don't know if I should risk buying the 80 shares now and re-apply quickly!
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kempydee View Post
This is where I'm torn... my membership runs out shortly and I need to buy the "other" 80 shares. So by early next year if the criteria changes or the €1 shares are offered I don't think I'll be allowed.
Don't know if I should risk buying the 80 shares now and re-apply quickly!
You can apply 60 days before your membership runs out.
Old 6 Oct 14, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

ok so from what I can work out you can do 3 things.

1 - nothing - TWDC will then buy your shares at EUR1 and you will lose 1/3 of the value

2 - sell the shares to TWDC for 1.25 then buy 9X your holding for 1.25 and sell the whole lot back to TWDC - works out you get 3.50 for the shares you already hold.

3 Sell your shares and buy 9x as above, then hold onto them... This is the risky part- the census seems to be at some stage in the future TWDC will buy up all remaining shares- at what rate no one knows, and most people would have to pay out a few hundered £££ to buy the shares.

I get the feeling most people will do option 2- which is what they want as they no longer want small investors.

Does anyone else think this is correct?
Old 6 Oct 14, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

ok so from what I can work out you can do 3 things.

1 - nothing - TWDC will then buy your shares at EUR1 and you will lose 1/3 of the value

2 - sell the shares to TWDC for 1.25 then buy 9X your holding for 1.25 and sell the whole lot back to TWDC - works out you get 3.50 for the shares you already hold.

3 Sell your shares and buy 9x as above, then hold onto them... This is the risky part- the census seems to be at some stage in the future TWDC will buy up all remaining shares- at what rate no one knows, and most people would have to pay out a few hundered £££ to buy the shares.

I get the feeling most people will do option 2- which is what they want as they no longer want small investors.

Does anyone else think this is correct?

No my financial advisor informs me that you cannot sell your shares first. You have to hold them and then add the 9 per share. Eg 100 would then hold 1000 as they need to buy 9:1 ratio. Only then can you sell back to and that it is NOT forced buyback. It says that clearly on the corporate website.

Edited at 05:43 PM.
Closed Thread