Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Apr 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Green shoots of hope

A few things I’ve noticed appearing on other forums that can give us all hope going forward. I’ve copied this for you to read which is a conversation someone had yesterday with a phone CM “I m on the phone with DVC member services right now. I wanted to modify my trip. The CM said that the parks are scheduled to open June 15. They may not open then, but they will not open before June 15. Magic Kingdom area is the ONLY area that will be open. Magic KIngdom will be the only park open. This will be Phase one. They will open other parks as they see how Phase one goes.

There will be NO FAST PASSES, NO CHARACTER MEETINGS AND VERY LIMITED RESTAURANTS. There will be a "digital registry" for rides. Again, MK is the only park opening JUne 15 until later phases.

He (the CM) also said that EPCOT will be the LAST park to open. I am on hold right now getting my OTU points refunded.

I have never had a CM (during this closure) be so candid and forthright with information."

I have also seen this on YouTube which is worth a watch
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Nice update, hopefully these little glimmers of hope will stop people cancelling their 2021 holidays
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

If that is true I hope the cast member doesn't get into trouble for saying it. Since Disney haven't made an announcement I doubt they would want it in the public domain yet.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
If that is true I hope the cast member doesn't get into trouble for saying it. Since Disney haven't made an announcement I doubt they would want it in the public domain yet.
I thought that too, but then I thought a) why would he risk losing his job and b) maybe CMs would know before official announcement because as soon as it’s announced the CMs on the phone will be deluged with calls and they would need to be fully prepped and up to speed!
I’ve also found during this we do seem to be drip fed ‘rumoured info’ before it gets confirmed.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If this turns out to be true and the phased opening begins in June then maybe there is hope that Disney will be back to normal by May 2021

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

They would need to be very few guests, how would people eat if limited restaurants etc. Its certainly a look in the right direction and shows they are thinking about safety and not just money but not a place i would go at the moment due to the limits. I know it will be geared more to U.S citizens at mo but its a long way to go for us international visitors and a lot of money to spend on very limited services/experience.
Im not even entertaining cancelling my 2021 holiday though as things can change very quickly as we have all experienced and august is over a year away.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I also read a post on another forum this morning from someone claiming to have spoken to someone who works for Disney. They said the parks were due to open on 1st June (apart from Epcot because of the international CMs) and that only AP holders and resort guests with tickets would be allowed in. Most restaurants would be open but not buffet restaurants. It didn't say anything about characters, parades or fireworks.

I think all we can do is wait and hopefully within the next few weeks, we might know more. However it does seem hopeful if it's this or the other scenario. I think for all of us, the biggest thing is if/when the flights are opened up again.
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

The cast members on the phones won't know when nor how the parks will operate. Disneg itself don't know either! The DVC CMs are working from home as well. Our DD has a friend who works in the phones for DVC and she doesn't know about the parks either.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was led to believe that the only people who can allow the parks to open are officials at Orange County and Osceola county as Disney property sits in those two counties.

Obviously stand to be corrected