Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Apr 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Something to look forward to.

We have a reeeeally long countdown and it has been booked since January. Still not told the kids. My hubby doesn't want to tell them until the day we go, personally I don't think I'll manage that but we shall see. I've almost slipped up a few times 😂😂😂.
We go 9th December 2021, when would you tell the kids and how? Last time we went in February 2019, and so the kids got animal experience for Christmas presents. Obviously it's difficult to do that this time round.

Also, what will be new for us? We are planning on doing Disney, seaworld, Busch gardens, Clearwater marine aquarium (my son has additional needs and loves winter), discovery cove and debating whether or not to go to universal. We would prob only manage 2 days maximum there.

Any advice welcome.

Ps. We don't do rest days 😂😂😂
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Tell the kids now?

100% yes., lets have something to celebrate

Disney332
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Hahah I want to but the husband doesn't 🙄. It would be nice to give them something to look forward to, especially my 14 Yr old. I don't think my 5yr old would be able to understand almost 2 yrs wait though.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Maybe do an easter hunt reveal so a few months to get used to the idea, or a birthday reveal?
Old 18 Apr 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I would tell them on Christmas Day. They would have just under a year to count down then.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'd tell them now so they can be involved in the planning. Plus it would give them something to look forward to, as well as for you to look forward to.

Edited at 04:06 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I'll see if I can convince my husband.
Old 20 Apr 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
2 years to your 5 year old is nearly half their lifetime, the 14 year old its still a very long time, I would tell them on an occasion about 6 months before.
A then 16ish year old would not appreciate being told a few days before if anything like my DS was
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Personally I would not wait until the day before as my children always really enjoy the planning. I would tell them Christmas this year or even now as we need something to look forward to. Although for the younger one it might be a little too early right now.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

Could you tell the older child and they can help in the planning and have the excitement of keeping 'the secret' and they can also be part of the reveal? I know my 13 year old daughter would love feeling grown up enough to be included in the surprise.
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List