Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Apr 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

How are they going to manage visitor numbers?

If the theme parks are going to run at reduced capacity how will they manage who is allowed in and who isnt or will it be a big bunfight first thing in morning to get in.

I wonder how they will manage people waiting to enter?
Will they prioritise onsite guests?

Any ideas anyone?

If i visit next year and have brought a MYW which has a definete start and finish date how do i guarantee entry into parks each day?

Its interesting how they will manage this
Old 29 Apr 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

cant see anyone not staying onsite being 'allowed' in if the open in a limited capacity way

even opening for x amount if fraught with problems i really dont see who they can socially distance everyone without 6 ft gaps in Q's and running rides 1/2 empty each run

time will tell i guess but dosnt sounds like much of a holiday especially when i'll wager the gate rpice wont be lowered to reflect this
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

They'll have to cater for the Florida resident AP holders who won't be staying onsite.

Foreign visitors will have to wait until Trump lifts the travel ban.
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I could see them doing some kind of prebook only system so they can limit numbers in each park - no on the gate tixs you would have to book in advance and pick a park for each day you wish to visit & no hopping.
Priority would probably go to onsite guests & AP holders maybe something similar to booking fast passes where they can book their slots earlier than offsite guests.
Maybe even restrictions on multiday tixs or the amount of days one person can visit to allow more people to visit overall.

I would also guess when they first open it will be to florida residents only reducing the chances of transmission from elsewhere and giving them a chance to see how the new systems work before expanding to a bigger customer base.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Photographs of meet and greet will be interesting 2 meters apart and with masks on. Cant see them doing parades or fireworks either
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

They may just limit how many rooms are available to guests, and that will likely reduce the park numbers. Or limit how many of the hotels are open.
They can always refund annual passes if need be. They don't have to allow them access, and could just leave it for hotel or pre-booked guests.
Same as say, Alton Towers do their fireworks. Annual Pass holders still have to pre-book a ticket for it.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
They'll have to cater for the Florida resident AP holders who won't be staying onsite.

Foreign visitors will have to wait until Trump lifts the travel ban.
I read something yesterday (don’t think it was on here) that said 85% of WDW guests are from out of state / out of the country so the number of local AP holders hopefully wouldn’t cause too much of a problem. However as someone else said they could refund / extend those APs.

Disney is losing so much money at the moment with the parks closed, I’m sure if they have to run at limited capacity for a while they would prefer financially to fill the parks with out of state / country guests with onsite hotel reservations and new multi-day tickets than Florida AP holders who aren’t bringing any new money into WDW.

I would expect onsite guests to have priority when the capacity is restricted for sure.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

I very much doubt it's going to be an issue.

The theme parks will probably open in phases with Phase 1 being 50% capacity, Phase 2 75%. Depends when the gov decides Phase 1 ends so they might skip it altogether.

As it stands practically no-one can travel to the US, or even inter-state, so hitting 50%, probably in June, would be next to impossible.

Same when they move to Phase 2, which could be a few weeks after re-opening - 75% even with national and international customers won't get anywhere near capacity during summer 2020.

Next year - you'd hope they will be back to normal capacity with or without other social distancing measures.

In the highly unlikely event that capacity became an issue then they would most likely apply preference in this order:
1. On-site guests and AP holders
2. Those hopping from another park -applies if only a specific park has hit capacity
3. Those with existing multi-day/park tickets i.e. they would turn away day sales if a specific park hit capacity

They already apply these phased opening rules during peak periods (xmas day, boxing day, NY day, etc) so would make sense they would use something similar for the phased pandemic re-openings.

Edited at 12:32 PM.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
speculation here
dailymail/travel/t...-lockdown.html
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
speculation here
dailymail/travel/t...-lockdown.html
Yeah, I'd seen that Orange County had put out some guidelines.

I did wonder what they meant by 50% capacity and whether this meant 50% of maximum capacity or 50% of normal visitor numbers. If it's the former then that's not a huge restriction. That's basically like saying they will limit the capacity to the normal average number of visitors. The parks would therefore still be fairly busy.

Not sure how social distancing would work, standing 6 feet apart in the queues, only allowing one family per boat for the rides, rollercoasters being half empty, etc. There might be slightly less people in the park but the rides will be running at reduced capacity leading to longer waits and physically longer queues.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List