Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 May 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Face coverings in theme parks

Hi all!

So with the additional safety measures announced for Disney Springs re-opening I imagine a lot of these will be carried over into the parks when the time comes.

Whilst i think they all make sense and are definitely needed initially, the one that seems problematic to me is mandatory face masks. I can't imagine dealing with the heat/humidity over there whilst wearing a face mask, never mind trying to keep the kids in them! Also, i think you'd be pulling them off constantly to drink, put suncream on etc. which means you'd be touching your face more often and it just wouldn't be a very enjoyable experience in general. If they keep people safe then brilliant but i worry they just aren't practical in a theme park in 30 degree heat.

We were supposed to be there now ☹ but have rescheduled for next May hoping the situation will be better then!

What's everyone else's thoughts on the safety measures and masks in particular?
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
apollo163
Imagineer

I would like to see them compulsory on the rides and in queues but optional everywhere else with traffic management being put in place.
2001 private villa (poinciana blvd)
2006 villa formosa gardens
apollo163 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Photos are going to be interesting (I.e memory maker)

I doubt we will be going to Florida whilst these restrictions are in place. Far too expensive to have a mediocre experience
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by apollo163 View Post
I would like to see them compulsory on the rides and in queues but optional everywhere else with traffic management being put in place.
That could be a good middle ground, it just doesn't seem feasible to me to keep one on for a full long day in the parks! I suppose we just need to see how it evolves over the coming months.
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Photos are going to be interesting (I.e memory maker)

I doubt we will be going to Florida whilst these restrictions are in place. Far too expensive to have a mediocre experience
Haha, true! I am hoping so much that things will have eased quite a bit by the time we are due to go next May but that might not be the case. Don't think i could handle having to cancel for a second time! Unfortunately we chose to cancel early and allowed Virgin to hold onto our money to put against another booking rather than getting a partial refund.
Old 9 May 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Given that a medical (disposable) face mask becomes completely useless about 30 minutes after you've put it on as it becomes damp, they will be totally pointless. Cloth face masks help to cut down spray from a sneeze or cough by up to 60% but do not prevent you inhaling virus particles at all.
Masks make people "feel" safer but result in most being less concerned about good handwashing. People also pull them down with their hands to their chin and proceed to breathe in everything that is caught on the exterior of the mask, and then pull them back up usually touching their nose and mouth area in the process.
I do believe wearing masks is a bad idea for these reasons.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

For most the restrictions will be lifted by the time they will be going. The masks and other restrictions announced are part of the first stage of lifting lock downs not a long term goal.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m another who thinks these kinds of masks or face coverings are counter productive as people are constantly touching their face. Even the fluid repellant ones we wear at work are a pain as they are one size and many people find them slipping so are constantly adjusting them. Good hand hygiene and avoiding touching your face is key.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would rather not go to the parks if we have to wear a face mask. I get really claustrophobic with anything on my face, as mask, teemed with the heat and sweat, is a no no for me. I would put up with it on a flight if it meant getting me there, just.

We have found at work (NHS) that you touch your face more when wearing one than without, constantly adjusting it as like Sha9 says, they don't fit everyone properly.

Good hand hygiene is the key here.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024

Edited at 03:43 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

100% no chance I am wearing one. Simply won’t go if it’s a requirement.

The science is at best poor and it suggests a best the impact is minimal... and it’s mostly about creating the illusion of safety which I think is even more dangerous. And in that heat it will be very uncomfortable and unenjoyable. Then having the fight and supervise two children with theirs. I’m out :P
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List